Alright when was that again.....?

Well said....

Why isn't Messi's achievements downplayed or recognised until he helps Getafe win the league.

Forget what Ronaldos achieved, it means nothing until he helps Boavista win the champions league.

The stats these guys have accumulated are amazing but wait, stats don't give you recognition, right, lol
mainly becuase you don't see a MILLION posts about Messi being better than EVERY footballing legend, like Pele, Maradona, Best etc etc etc.....

missed the mod warning, apologies

Last edited:
maybe just maybe hamilton fans would realise that he'd get LESS hate if they dropped this GOAT crap?

Shouldn't paint all fans with one brush...Hamilton fan here, but again I wouldn't call him or anyone the GOAT for reasons I explained earlier.

Funny thing though, before Hamilton started racking up more WDC's (and even during) it was not uncommon to hear people calling Schumacher the GOAT of F1, almost as if it was established fact (Heck, IIRC didn't AMS1 have a GOAT achievement by winning 91 races in an F1 machine? :sneaky:)

Also, I'm pretty sure there's nothing Hamilton or his fans could do to incur less hate...people are triggered by any and everything he says and does.

Last edited:
Let me start by saying... "This is a funny thread"
As somebody who has followed F1 since 1971, I've seen a lot of talent come into this sport.
Some have made it out unscathed...other greats have died along the way... (Clark, Rindt, Cevert, Senna, to name a few)
To truly gauge the talent of these racers, you have to look not just at F1 but their participation in the many classes/categories leading up to their entry into F1.
Lewis is among those who've shown he is tenacious and naturally gifted.
If Jackie Stewart's knighthood is based on his track achievements and not on his promotion of safety in motorsports, then Lewis should be considered.
I'd like to see it get done AFTER he is out of the cockpit though.
Seems fitting, as he is undoubtedly at the 'head of the class' of ALL British motorsport and drivers.

Still no contract for Lewis. The talks of Mercedes dropping him won't go away.

England is run by politicians and the Royals don't like politics so the control over England is very low.
Britain is run by politicians, but they are running the country for the monarch as far as I know, the soldiers pledge their allegiance to the Queen not the country, its her army. The UKs stability depends a lot on the monarch staying out of things. The British people probably wouldn't stand for the monarch getting involved in politics, which is where the political instability instantly comes from once the monarch tries to do anything, even give an opinion. While some might like democracy, there's probably plenty that would only love to have an opinionated king telling it like it really is, putting Britain first. I think Charlie would probably do what his mother did (although he has been used to being able to speak more freely), what happens after him is anybody's guess.

I've only driven some rental stuff a few times but they were actual race karts. One thing I know is make sure you get a seat that fits you properly. The second time I did it I got a kart with a tighter/better fitting seat and it was so much better. Karting will beat the heck out of your body/ribs just from the G's, even the rental stuff on hard tires and a relatively smooth track. It is a bit scary at first since you are so exposed and your arms will be sore but do it, it's an absolute blast!

I've been lately starting to think about getting into Karting. There is a Karting club near me that I could join, so that's not the issue. I love motorsport but on the other had I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to physically damaging my body - after all I have golden coder hands that I want to keep in good shape. ;)

What do you guys think, is karting safe and what are your tips for beginners? How to avoid injuries?

Its quite physical. I would recommend being in moderate physical shape. Some core exercises would be good and help prevent any sore back or ribs. It would target the groin mainly when your holding onto the steering columb. A good seat would make a huge difference id imagine. Its not like a car where you have an armrest and door to lean against!

With several changes at Corvette racing over the past few years starting with the departure of crew chief Dan Binks then, my personal favorite, Jan Magnussen and then a true gentlemen in Oliver Gavin culminating with longtime front man Doug Fehan. After all this I expected I would be more upset having been a Corvette fan for as long as I became aware of the wheel, but no. With the announcement of Laura Wontrop Klauser as Sportscar Program Manager and the initial speculation of looking into the LMDh as a possibility as well as stating that racing is in the DNA of Corvette and will continue racing in some form makes me hopeful of the future.

GTLM in IMSA is going the way of the GT1 class did several years ago leaving less than a handful of cars to 'compete'. This coming year will be an almost certainty that a Corvette driver will eventually be crowned champion before the season even starts, and the manufacturer trophy a guarantee. Doesn't bring me any joy in either.

However, what 2022 could bring is GT3 spec Corvettes for the AM and factory rides to a PRO team. Fingers crossed from me this is the case as the GTD class in IMSA and the GT3 in WEC is obviously the future for sustainability of the brand. The LMDh looks equally exciting for the future would love to here some thoughts on that in comparison to the other prototypes.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a Vette GT3 car, even though I would have been even happier if they'd have stayed with the front engine, I simply liked its aesthetic better - but last year clearly showed the potential of the mid-engined Corvette. (I know it's a "what if" but can't help thinking about what would have happened if there's no COVID - nevertheless, the Corvette team showed incredible work, they're absolutely worthy of winning the championship.)

I would also support an LMDh effort. With LMDh IMSA teams can be theoretically - we'll see how the BoP will work out - in the running for overall Le Mans honors and I'm pretty sure GM wouldn't mind being on the top step overall, not "just" taking class honors. Given the LMDh will be both factory and customer efforts as Audi and Porsche envision it, I could see Corvette taking part in that, too, akin to the aforementioned German manufacturers.

As far as GT3 and WEC goes, I repeat the same sentiment as I did on GTP: John Dagys of Sportscar365.com mentioned (if I'm not mistaken) that it also depends on Stephane Ratel as SRO owns the category per se. The alluring prospect of GT3s running at Le Mans (beyond the Michelin Le Mans Cap race) is great but what would be the price to pay in terms of GTWC Europe and the massive field it commands as the major GT3 series.

Reactions: DND
Jenson Button in at Williams - or the "New American Williams" as it were.

Jenson Button has joined the Williams team as a senior adviser.

The move takes Button back to the team that gave him his Formula 1 debut in 2000, before he went on to become 2009 world champion and win 15 grands prix.
Button, 40, said Williams' role in his career and the "history and heritage" meant they were "close to my heart".

He said: "I am going to do my part to help the team back to the front. I can't wait to spend time with the drivers and the staff."

Interested to see if a recent F1 driver can make a difference to this team.

People say the royals have power. Its flying around getting peace treateys signed. These days most nations want independence and that means doing your own thing. So England as a nation is helping less. The royals will go to hospitals and meet sick people. Any old Tom Dick or Harry can do that as a volenteer. They just don't get in the paper or news for doing it (Because they are not famous) and they put in more hours of service. The queen's face sits on Canadian money yet i dont know what she has done for Canada. We just helped England out in WW2. At the end of the line Scotland is indipendent and Northern Ireland and wales may join in. So the royals are loosing power. England is run by politicians and the Royals don't like politics so the control over England is very low. Just glorified ambassadors to a old way that has little relevance in today times. I gues Lewis with a knighthood is like the Queen just another aristocrat perching garbage. Ih he cared about the enviroment why is he sponsored by INEOS (A chemical company that uses un ethical strategies for pollution)
Name 3 things the Queen has done that are relevant to England as a nation. Not the charity stuff that has a low impact on the big picture. It just looks nice on TV.

Shouldn't paint all fans with one brush...Hamilton fan here, but again I wouldn't call him or anyone the GOAT for reasons I explained earlier.

Funny thing though, before Hamilton started racking up more WDC's (and even during) it was not uncommon to hear people calling Schumacher the GOAT of F1, almost as if it was established fact (Heck, IIRC didn't AMS1 have a GOAT achievement by winning 91 races in an F1 machine? :sneaky:)

Also, I'm pretty sure there's nothing Hamilton or his fans could do to incur less hate...people are triggered by any and everything he says and does.

I know mate, like I say I primarily mean Farcebook Hamiltons fans. Discussion here is largly better. Yup I never really agreed with Shcumacher being called GOAT (as a Hill fan). Less Social Media back in the day, but on the forums I was on I argued against Shcumacher for pretty much the same reasons as I argue against Hamilton.

Everyones triggered nowadays, social media is a curse on mankind. Although I see it in LOTs of different things and has been happening for ages, social media just makes it worse and faster! Whatever is really popular in culture will be hated by the fans of the rivals. It's at the root of console wars, game rivalries, music, sport.....it's everywhere. Love is a powerful emotion but mankind has an affinity with hatred like no other.

I also dislike those who diss Hamiltion's skill. He's a brilliant driver and defo a legend. Just not the GOAT!!

Last edited:
When James Hunt did this stuff you all were "Wow, what a legend, what a playboy", but when Mazepin does it you all are crying "No, you can't do that"

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years