Global Formula Automobilista - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUTTON TAKES FINAL WIN OF THE SEASON
1592388830343.png

Jenson Button rounded off a year he perhaps should have won with a stunning drive at the Automobilista Grand Prix, joined on the podium y his team mate Martin Brundle. Gilles Villeneuve gave Braverra something to smile about as he came across the line in second, to record thier first podium since Argentina. The Red Nights ended up 4th and 5th, once again agonisingly close to a podium that escaped them all season.

The Constructors title went to NLE Motorsport after another anticlimactic race in terms of championship drama. An early collision for Barthez sent him to the back into a position that was impossible to recover from. Despite NLE having a nightmare, with Verstappen going through 3 front wings, DTK were unable to score the vast number pof points they needed to take the title.

AWARDS
Best Looking Car: Hightech Engineering
Hightech.jpg

Best race of the season: Australian GP
1592389150192.png

Biggest meme of the season: Blue Flags
1592389263159.png

Driver of the season: Jenson Button
1592389304495.png

Unluckiest moment of the year: Chris Ho retiring from the lead on the last lap in Italy
1592389572723.png

Drive of the season: Gilles Villeneuve in Japan
1592389743870.png

Interviews
Questions to everyone
How did the season go for your team? Did you hit some targets, or was it a disappointment?
What was your personal highlights for your teams?
What was your favourite other moments of the season?

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
1592389417470.png

1592389458881.png

Keep this thread in your minds. I will be posting a highlights video later this week, and I think lesley has something planned too. Feel free to review the season as much as you like.

I am just finalising the Formula V12 template, so that will be sent out as soon as I'm happy it's good. The new thread should be up soon so we can have plenty of time to sign up and get prepared.

Questions to everyone
How did the season go for your team? Did you hit some targets, or was it a disappointment?
What was your personal highlights for your teams?
What was your favourite other moments of the season?

It was a quite tough season for our team. We could never achieve our targets. Reliabililty and driver mistakes were frequent throughout the season.
We had a huge disappointment after realizing that our downforce upgrades were useless. We should have gone for more power instead.
Personal highlight was Frentzen's first race performance. It gave us a bit of hope for the remainder, yet it did not go well in the rest of the races.
Austria was our best race as both drivers managed to score points there.

We had a huge disappointment after realizing that our downforce upgrades were useless. We should have gone for more power instead.
You got one of the lowest randomised power values possible, meaning your gamble on high downforce didn't work. If the randomiser had given you something better to start with you could have been scarily fast otherwise. It was also unfortunate that Buenos Aires was next, being a power circuit. (plus your round 2 buys were suicidal, and kinda ruined the season from there)

I tried to play with AI files just few weeks before this game came, so I had an impression that speed stat is OP to everything else. But didn't expect downforce had so big impact. That killed us in first race. After that tried to catch up but we were 1 step behind every time and due to that and some bad luck couldn't finish high enough to have real big money for big upgrade. In the end, happy with result as a team, since the goal was to have fun we didn't do bad at all. :D
For best moments of the season, it must be poles in Laguna Seca and Hockenheim. Worst, again Laguna Seca, only race. :roflmao:

Well when I came here I literally had no idea what stats to use so despite the first race being my highlight of the year we had a terrible year because of my extreme inexperience and I'm looking forward to next year

My favourite moments was were anything to do with Ide

Now I know how mclaren felt in 2005 :(

Shame Australia stole an exciting final race showdown from us

Also got super lucky to stumble over what turned out to be the right strategy and have the credits to be able to afford it at the right time.
I think I should have upgraded Brundle a bit earlier to take points away from the other top teams. Quite honestly i forgot i hadnt upgraded him until Jim mentioned it in commentary :roflmao:

Last edited:
Now I know how mclaren felt in 2005 :(

Shame Australia stole an exciting final race showdown from us

Also got super lucky to stumble over what turned out to be the right strategy and have the credits to be able to afford it at the right time.
I think I should have upgraded Brundle a bit earlier to take points away from the other top teams. Quite honestly i forgot i hadnt upgraded him until Jim mentioned it in commentary :roflmao:
i couldn't give a flip about the drivers championship to be honest, they're just IRL drivers so there isn't that personal feel to it. i knew that if i spread my budget over my drivers it would pay off at the end. from canada onwards i made it more of a 1 horse race putting the focus on Verstappen as his pace was more consistent than De Vries, but he still had the pace to finish ahead of brundle easily. if Verstappen was able to put the fight to Button, which he kinda did but Button threw it away most of the time, and De Vries finished ahead of brundle together with the red nights and siggy pops we were getting an advantage overall (more points and money). i was too late with the switch to high downforce expecting it would mostly be needed from hockenheim onwards, but the season went mostly as expected. I got the constructors championship i wanted and would be fine with it if Button had won the drivers as we would still had come out as the better team, which imo this series is more build around.

the Excelsiors in Argentina.. amazingly stupid :D

It was such a suicidal rejoin. But I would like to vote for the Heidfeld massacre at Imola.

Age of Empires music makes the video hilarious! :inlove: :D

Edit: How many times Villeneuve lost a front wing to a lapped car?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years