Global Formula Automobilista - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A screw up in the pits before the race meant we forgot to reattach some important parts to Mario's car. No worries, we will scrape ourselves off the bottom shelf next week.

A screw up in the pits before the race meant we forgot to reattach some important parts to Mario's car. No worries, we will scrape ourselves off the bottom shelf next week.
Same seriously I'm just doing my thing and I hear word that we actually took out 500 hp and one of our wheels we inflatable. Dont worry we will win next time out :)

Very sad for Elio but what an AMAZING RACE by Gilles ! He did exactly what he had to do, very proud of you man.. But probably it would have been better if he did this from 13th to 1st position ^^

BUTTON CLOSES TITLE BATTLE WITH WIN
1591174110299.png

The title battle has closed to 4 points between three drivers after Jenson Button took another dominant win - despite colliding with a backmarker and clonking the tyre wall at turn 1. He took the win over both NLE Motorsport cars, with Barthez in 4th. Juan Manuel Fangio was 5th, but could have scored a podium had he not lost his front wing early in the race after a collision with a backmarker. 2KF1 Racing returned to the top 10 with a double points finish, but the star of the show was Gilles Villeneuve. After an awful qualifying put him on the back row and an early crash, Villeneuve carved his way through the grid to finish a brilliant 12th. Polestar Performance had a great debut race, with Olivier Grouillard only 2 places away from scoring a point. There were a few crashes in the race, chiefly Alain Prost's massive accident at 130R. A twitch in the middle of the corner saw Prost spin backwards into the tyres at vast speeds. Luckily the medical staff gave himthe all-clear after the race.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Millsy24 Another win for Jenson, and it puts him right back into title contention. Is Martin Brundle hobbling your chances of taking both titles?
@the_sigman your team speems to be great at getting into good positions, but retirements have blighted your charge in the championships. What do you think you can get if the reliability holds upf or the last rounds?
@ME9Swe a great debut for the true pinkboi's, do you think points are achievable this season?

@Millsy24 Another win for Jenson, and it puts him right back into title contention. Is Martin Brundle hobbling your chances of taking both titles?
Fantastic performance by Jenson, exactly what I asked from him. MB may well be hobbling our constructors chances, I had hoped he would upgrade himself but alas no. At least he isn't taking points off Jenson

@the_sigman your team speems to be great at getting into good positions, but retirements have blighted your charge in the championships. What do you think you can get if the reliability holds upf or the last rounds?
Damn buddy, I thought you'd tag me for something better than a seventh and I got all excited. This season has been the definition of mediocre, as I am always in the middle of the points scoring positions. Given that, I think the gaps to the positions above are not favorable and fifth is the maximum, but I've been sixth for the whole season and I expect to finish it there.

@ME9Swe a great debut for the true pinkboi's, do you think points are achievable this season?

Probably not this season as development has obviously come late but with Adelaide coming up, a high attrition rate could reward us if we keep our noses clean

CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS MAKE IT CLOSE
ausqual.jpg

Jenson Button and Fabien Barthez, equal second in the championship, put their cars on the front row, as championship leader Verstappen plonked his car down in 8th. Siggy Pop found themselves in 4th and 5th, with Villeneuve 20 places up on his grid slot in Japan. Home teams 2KF1 and polestar found themselves in 13th, 20th, 23rd and 28th respectively.

This game has serious issues with the blue flags.
Nooo, don't say that. Now I'm afraid to watch it.

EDIT:
Congrats to winners, whole season fell apart in 1 race for us. :( How were both my drivers much slower in race then dark-green cars I have no idea. Fangio had most epic saves even though he was there only half of race.

Last edited:
Agh, that was completely galling to watch Barthez run out of fuel. With Button dropping out at the same time it kinda killed any tension for the titles into the next round, but congrats to Max for taking the title. Chris somehow found himself on the podium after I don't know how many incidents, so we've still got the constructors title possible in the next round, but we will need some serious misfortune to strike NLE in the next race for that to happen. It's going to be tough, but DTK will go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%