Glitching menu, unusual gearchange procedure

Hi all. I'm super impressed by a lot of the game but a couple of things are lessening the experience. The first is the car selection menu. When you are trying to choose the car series, initially it allows you to select the series as a list or matrix depending on the selection at the top, but the next time it will quickly flick between car listing and type listing, to the point where you can't choose anything. There is obviously a glitch in there that does it as it is repeatable.

Is there any fix for this?

The second query concerns the gearchange behaviour of one of the formula retro type cars, where it replicates a V8 powered 6 speed sequential shift power unit. For upchanges, you have to completely remove your foot from the throttle - 100% - or else it simply ignores the gear shift selection. However for downshifts, it will accept whatever throttle settings you are at. I can downshift at 100% throttle if I want. From my limited experience of driving sequential geared track cars, that is not what I have seen, in fact seems 180 degrees out. Normally you can upshift with just a slight lift, and you can down shift with a little dab of clutch only

Is it supposed to be like it is in the game?

Les

If you mean the Retro F1s, they are all 1970s and use H gates. The 80s/90s F1 are a mix of H pattern and a few sequentials - which are semi-autos and don't need a clutch. Be aware though, that the gearbox info on the menu screens is wrong for many of the cars, it's in the cockpit that you can see if they are paddle shifts or H gate manuals.

Yeah, it's an intermittent issue, but when it happens, a restart of the game is the only way out. Irritating...

Another (very small) niggle is the behaviour of some cars at low speed. For instance, with the V8 formula 1 style cars, exiting the pit box, the car image wobbles violently from side to side. The steering is fine, the track image is fine and as you speed up the wobble disappears.

I like AMS 2 more and more as I play it, and hope all these little points get fixed, as I can see it really being in my top three list if it does clean up.

Les

That rapidly scrolling menu as a result of the steering wheel not centered is a carry over from first PCars, then PCars2.
I'm not sure if it is in PCars3 as well.
Hopefully Reiza will be able to do something about it, although I suspect not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back