Glance Right/Left not working

using G27 Button 21/22 for Glance Right/Left I cannot see an effect ingame.
the default keys on keyboard also dont work.
someone got this to work ?

also, I am missing an option to look back

Hello,,G27 user here,,fired up pCars last night after download for an hour just to check. I was able to use glance left/right on cockpit view even look back assigned buttons on the wheel. I was driving the Sauber on 24hlemans.

Old thread I know but I have just encountered the problem and finally found an answer.
I have a triple screen set up and drive a Hyperstimulator which has it's own menu system for assigning controls. Nothing I did worked until I selected in game - Settings/controls/my set up/advanced and enabled "combine keyboard and controller" and no more problems.

EDIT: Searched my whole Discs and found a "Freepie" folder in the appdata->Roaming area and also a hidden Opentrack folder in the programm files. Deleted both: Seems to work now!
Thought: I would love to have the same search engine that AC uses to detect tracking software for other tasks :whistling:

Sorry to dig out that thread but after I installed opentrack (and before freepie) AND deinstalled them + deleting every file I found of them, incl. the zips:
my glancing just won't work anymore. Is there an entry in any .ini or something to reactivate it? Works fine in every view, no in Cockpit.
I really can't reinstall my complete system since I use it for work also :(

Glad to get replies!
Rasmus

Last edited:
You can't look back, only f11 for virtual back mirror.

I'm using g27 and glance is working fine for me.

Yes you can, I`m also G27 user, I have a buttons assigned for glancing and looking back all work fine.

The issue here is with head tracking software, I had a same issue with AC, sometimes uninstalling is the only option.

Yes you can, I`m also G27 user, I have a buttons assigned for glancing and looking back all work fine.

The issue here is with head tracking software, I had a same issue with AC, sometimes uninstalling is the only option.
Yep, G27 user here and left/right/back is working fine!
"Uninstalling"... yeah and searching your whole system for leftover files... :confused::mad::rolleyes:

At the moment I have opentrack installed and as long as I don`t turn it on before AC, glancing works fine in AC, if I start it, no matter if I check the option to kill on exit, or try to kill every process, glancing won`t work as long as I don`t restart the computer.

This works fine in R3E though, as you can glance there while still using head tracking.

Hey guys,
I have the same problem, glancing doesn't work.
I saw that there is a trackit.ini file that is generated, when i delete it the glancing works. But when i change a car, it get generated again and the glancing is away again. I had freepie installed in the past but uninstalled it .I have the impression that AC generates somewhere the file.
Any idea where i could find this?

i fixed this a while back by changing the GLANCE SPEED in video controls, i dont recall if i had to make it slower or faster but that took care of it.

i couldnt glance left or right from inside the cockpit until this was changed
maybe its the same problem
BTW if you press glance left + glance right = look back. :) so there is no need to map a glance back button if you have these buttons mapped on your wheel.
Thanks mate, this worked for me!

Hope this helps folks with this problem. I had never experienced this until yesterday and I've had AC for years! Yesterday I downloaded the RHM mod for ACC and installed it. It was ok but did'nt really fully solve my problems with ACC's camera movement.

Anyway, later in the evening I jumped into AC and got totally confused when I went online to a Nordschliefe server, went to pull out of the pits and tried to look left and right to make sure there was no one coming, and I could'nt. After restarting the game several times, checking my controller bindings which I knew had'nt changed I could'nt solve it and thought I was going nuts!

So I did a google search on the problem and found this thread and another on Reddit about exactly this. After trying everything suggested in here to do with glance speed and combined inputs apart from the freepie thing (I've no idea what that is, don't have it), and nothing worked, but, I did see the posts about RHM.

So I went to my ACC RHM install and got rid of it (about three or four files including the exe I think it was). I also had a RHM mod for RF2 that i'd tried aswell that day so I unistalled that aswell just for good measure and to be sure, to be sure!

Result: Hey Presto, problem solved!

Hope this is useful to someone, and cheers for all the previous info in the thread that lead me to and helped me find this soloution!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back