GizmoPower´s bot race

Closed
See: GizmoPower´s hosting

Gizmopower´s server
Join thru multiplayer in Racer menu

Status
(You can also see status of race by dobbel clicking on the race in the lobby)

25.02.2011 Closed

Version: 0.8.31 CG
Track: Carlswood_nt (Default in racer folder)
Car: e30m3_race_v1.0
Car.ini: Free to edit
Bots: 1 boot
Min players: 1
Max players: 10

And remember: When a race is running the server will not appear. You´ll have to be patient and wait!

My site is still up hosting a few cars and tracks: http://home.broadpark.no/~gisljohn/

I would like to encourage people to state what they mean about todays multiplayer. The server has been running for a couple of months or so now and there is very little action.
I know it might not be the right time to ask but I just wanted to get a discussion going!
I can clearly see that we need more option to change cars/tracks. Today one get very bored just running the lambo again and again.
I´ve tried with more cars, but it always select the first car listed in the server.ini and to change car you have to rename/remove the other cars wich is not an option!
Looks like this:

server.ini
Accepted cars
cars=lambomurcielago astonmartindb9 ........ and so on
So what do we need Ruud to look at to make Multiplayer rock?

I believe the most important move for now would be that a client can select on of the cars listed in the server.

I dont see any point running the server when no one plays. And I dont blame anyone, I find it a bit boring myself when everyone races the same car.

Maybe I have misundertstood the options in the server.ini If so I´ll be more than happy to be informed! :D

GP

Edit: Default car is now: ´bmwm3gtrptg´ And 4 bots to race against if only 1 client play!

• Tiberius

Gizmo, I've never tried multiplayer before but I promise I'll try and get online one day soon. At the moment I'm doing mainly modelling, so just firing up Racer to see how stuff looks ingame - haven't actually rigged up the wheel and driven around for a long time now :)

I played a lot when it still worked. However it seems like we got like 1 step forward and three backwards, see problem with car selection.

I didn't really try the "new" multiplayer, partially also cause I am kinda angry that the old hosting options are gone (I do not want to be forced to open/ join some server by the lobby alone.

If you just want to have a small race you could simply host game before - tell mates the ip and it was done. Now I have to hope there is no new hidden bug in the lobby. And I can't even choose a different car.

I´m really sorry but the server has been down a while. Dont know if I will get it up again. Maybe in the future. The reason is couse I am in a middle of a divorce. Hope you all understand. I am currently on the move and need to settle. But I am really happy about it so no prob! ;) I´ll be back!!

• Tiberius

Gizmo: I'm surprised Fifty hasn't posted something here about Renault 5's, prostitutes and police officers as he did on my Capri thread on RSC..

Divorce and happy are conflicting words though - seriously man, hope it works out for you.

Gizmo: I'm surprised Fifty hasn't posted something here about Renault 5's, prostitutes and police officers as he did on my Capri thread on RSC..

Divorce and happy are conflicting words though - seriously man, hope it works out for you.

Patience.
That Renualt 5 turbo, what was that, around 400 bhp from an engine the size of a coke can? **** only knows how they did that.

Police officers are ****ing hypocrites, and I love them for it.

Prostitutes? The night is young...

So...
As you may have noticed I am carefully making my way back here after a few "things" :D
I was thinking of setting up the server again.

But: Is there any point, will people use it?
The server is running 24/7 anyway so hosting Racer wount matter for me.

I might try and set it up, ,if I remember but, it wount be at is best before my new line arrives.
I am getting fiber 25/25 soon, I hope.
Currently its only 8/0.8mb :(

So is it any point?

Edit: First post will be updated when/if active: http://www.racedepartment.com/racer/28469-gizmopower-s-bot-race.html#post462087

GizmoPower

Hai dude,
oh yes, please run your Bot again, it was a lot of fun!
I tried a Bot too, but atm the PC is used by my son...so i can't run racer server....mybe in a week or so...
My DSL is only 16/1,2...but i think it was good for 4-8 cars....
How do you got your server running over a longer time?
I had all time if a user disconect befor race end a crash....and all night...after the provider cut too.....is there a restart funktion, after a time out?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%