WIP Gizmo Trail

As this track is gonna take a while, I thought I would post a pre-alpha preview - which will be only certain parts of the track which are useful and drive-able. As such, it will be a teaser only, and may change dramatically before the final version is released. This just to keep your attention ;) Stay tuned..

Will we get to drive along this walkway thingy or will it be (sadly) blocked off?

I'll see if I can spline it or something.. as of now, the infamous sinking wheels problem still exists..
But thanks for asking, I was not sure if the question would come up.. but so it did :)

EDIT:
I have decided to release a preview.. an ALPHA (note, this means NOT finnished!). The reason for this is
that it is a very large track, and I am not sure if everyone can run it. Also, I will be busy with other things this
week, so it will give you time to do some test-runs while I am occupied elsewhere.

If you want to test-run the latest Alpha, you can download it here:
http://alge.anart.no/projects/racer/releases/gizmos_trail-110410.7z

Feedback is most welcome, just remember, it is far from finnished.

Enjoy :)

I'll see if I can spline it or something.. as of now, the infamous sinking wheels problem still exists..
But thanks for asking, I was not sure if the question would come up.. but so it did :)
Right, I forgot about that. :(
I have been having issues with cars getting stuck in slight terrain changes(like sidewalks) quite a bit lately. :/

Small update:

The file scenery2.bmp looked "off", so I have removed it. The archive is also updated.

If you downloaded an "early" version, simply open the track.shd and on line 412, replace
scenery2.bmp with scenery.bmp so it looks like this:
Code:
shader_scenery2
{
  layer0
  {
    map=scenery.bmp
    mipmap=0
  }
}
It really improved that part of the track :)

I'd so love to try your tracks.. sadly my racer is being a *****. Oh well, if I have enough money I shall have the HDD and GPU for my other PC build back home so I can play on there.

@KS95: Thanks for showing such an interest! The tracks won't go away, so when you get a better computer you can still try.. nice to have something to look forward to. Right? ;) As of myself, I am looking forward to getting a CG enabled GPU.. would be nice to see the tracks CG'd..

I really like this, it's huge... I took the Aronde down the mountain road (The Rockys?), and from the gas station to the bottom end is just under 6 minutes driving "as fast as possible" (given that there are no road signs or guard rails).

Is there a map of what's in this alpha? I've driven around a bit but it's hard to tell if I've found everything :p

I really like this, it's huge... I took the Aronde down the mountain road (The Rockys?), and from the gas station to the bottom end is just under 6 minutes driving "as fast as possible" (given that there are no road signs or guard rails).

Is there a map of what's in this alpha? I've driven around a bit but it's hard to tell if I've found everything :p
be sure...i drove some h around and find every time i use this Track some thing new^^

Sinking movables.. ??

Strangest thing.. I added movable blue barrels to the airport.. 16 in all.. and when I hit them with the car, they move as normal.. but then they sink a bit into the ground. Anyone know how to fix? Same thing with the cars too.. must be related.. so.. here are the settings for the blue barrels:

Code:
   airport_blue_barrel16
  {
    file=airport_blue_barrel16.dof
    flags=1024
    type=0
    mass=50
    trans_movable_to_zero=1
    rot_dyn
    {
      x=0.000000
      y=0.000000
      z=0.000000
      w=1.000000
    }
    offset_dyn
    {
      x=0.000000
      y=0.000000
      z=0.000000
    }
    group=0
  }

Attachments

• sinking_barrels.jpg
    sinking_barrels.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 317
*bump*

The track is really moving forward.. lots of improvements, bug fixes, new stuff.. old stuff removed.. some things rearranged.. altogether a fun track. I have put a tremendous amount of work into this, and I hope to be able to release by the time of Racers 10Y anniv. - if not, well.. then later. I am actually gradually moving past the alpha-stage and it is soon ready for a beta test (soon as in, not quite yet). As I have enough beta-testers already, no invitation will be sent out this time.. sorry about that.

I post random images here from time to time, and some in the forum, so you all are up-to-date on current status - those of you who follow the development that is. Well. That's it.. just to let you know it's not a "dead" project, but alive and really kickin' ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back