Ginetta SuperCup 2017

Cars Ginetta SuperCup 2017 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta SuperCup 2017 with a new update entry:

Updated Supercup

Hi All,

Due to the model changes we had to make on the GT4 version, it would seem very silly not to update the Supercup Version as well.

So here are the changes:

Improved Headlights
View attachment 237819
Improved Brake Lights
View attachment 237820
Moved Brake Housing
View attachment 237821

Preview pictures re-done using @Retrolux Preview Generator for Content Manager

CM displays correct version.

As always, please report any issues in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok the supercup and gt4, Lod B and C .the back of the car is not rendered (so is see through) when viewed from the front, makes for some strange views when watching replays. Is it intentional? It's easy to see what I mean if you open lod C in CM and view from the front

Hi Guys,
I think this is one of the best mod cars available for AC except for one nasty little bug.

When practising at Brands Hatch in single player mode with a grid of AI G55 Super Cup's (either LHD or RHD) the AI cars constantly clip the tyre wall coming into the pits causing constant yellow flags and traffic jams, its actually quite funny to watch but makes this otherwise great car a pain at Brands Hatch.

Its almost as if the virtual centre line of the car is offset to the AI pit lane line.

I've tried using the AI dev app to record a new AI pit line but it does not seem to help.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour and found a fix ?
Cheers
Jay

Hi Guys,
I think this is one of the best mod cars available for AC except for one nasty little bug.

When practising at Brands Hatch in single player mode with a grid of AI G55 Super Cup's (either LHD or RHD) the AI cars constantly clip the tyre wall coming into the pits causing constant yellow flags and traffic jams, its actually quite funny to watch but makes this otherwise great car a pain at Brands Hatch.

Its almost as if the virtual centre line of the car is offset to the AI pit lane line.

I've tried using the AI dev app to record a new AI pit line but it does not seem to help.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour and found a fix ?
Cheers
Jay
First things first:
Thank you for your warm words about our work :thumbsup:
This bug is not mod related. Also Kunos cars are crashing there.

Greets After_Midnight

interesting .. have not seen that with other cars at brands but i can understand that the bug lies else where as it seems to be related to the AI lines ....

Thanks for the confirmation ...
Cheers
Jay

interesting .. have not seen that with other cars at brands but i can understand that the bug lies else where as it seems to be related to the AI lines ....

Thanks for the confirmation ...
Cheers
Jay
You are welcome :)
This issue is also happen during the Seat TCR testing. That was the reason for more testing also with Kunos cars at Brands Hatch. So we are sure to 99.99% this is not an issue of the mod cars :)

Hi,

Thats a real shame, Brands Hatch is such a cool circuit in AC .. its actually very well done in terms of its physical and graphical recreation in AC.

After your last reply i tried the 2017 Caterham Mod at brands and it suffers from the same dumb behaviour ... which is wired as thats a much narrower car compared to the G55 ?

I tried using the Kunos AI Dev app to define a new pit lane line (the blue one) but that does not seem to work once you rename the candidate file to .ai

Has anybody tried using the AI line helper mod to define tighter inside and outside AI lines on the pit entry:-
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/
I'm not sure that there are even left and right limit lines for the AI pit lane line, also not sure that the app even work for Kunos tracks ? as the demo video shows it working on a mod track with uncompressed data file.
I'll try and find some time to have a play around with it and see if it helps.

Since Kunos are no longer developing AC I guess its pointless in us flagging it as an issue ?

If anyone has any other suggestions's please post ...

Cheers
Jay

Shaun: cup car is wonderful fun, so much so I put a server up for it - but with hotter temperatures the tyres seem to bust their ideal pressures even with them all on lowest base pressure, is this deliberate?

Also - the ignition cut on shifting is less than the shift-up time, which seems to provoke wheelslip in corners sometimes, is that also intentional?

Last edited:
Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta SuperCup 2017 with a new update entry:

Ginetta Supercup LHD / RHD

As promised, here is the new V1.6 version of the Ginetta Supercup.

Changes are as follows:
Few new textures
New Aerodynamics
Updated Collider
Updated steering Radio
Updated power ( that was my mistake)
Updated Brakes
added/improved options in setup
Updated Camber in setup
Weight changed
Ride height improved
Jac Constable 2018 Livery
new preview pictures

I would suggest you delete the older version and go fresh and not just overwrite.

Any issues, please report to the support section...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When choosing the LHD version, my view remains on the right hand side, while the driver on the left is headless. Have I failed to choose something correctly?

Edit: I adjusted my onboard position to get behind the wheel so It's all sorted. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello Shaun, is it normal that the Power graph to differ so much between the two versions?

LHD.png
RHD.png

When choosing the LHD version, my view remains on the right hand side, while the driver on the left is headless. Have I failed to choose something correctly?

Edit: I adjusted my onboard position to get behind the wheel so It's all sorted. Thank you.
I will check this out, maybe I copied the wrong file, but thank you.

@mikutzu That's my fault, I forgot to update the LHD version, I am assure you that have the same power etc etc.

I will wait for more feedback, but there is a major issue (see above) that does need addressing

Regards

Shaun

Hi All,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused, but fix coming tonight.

Fixed Power Curve so both match
Fixed preview pictures for LHD (showing LHD)
Fixed Camera's for LHD drive version
Tweaked Brakes (as was a little to strong)

Again thank you all for your feedback and patience

Shaun

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back