Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after feeding my modeller some rocket fuel coffee, hopefully a new update will come tonight when I get home from work, just need to test it properly, but thought I would share these with you for now.

motec_ginetta.jpg
paddles.png

I apologise for the delay, as I now test with Xbox Controller (yes I have one) and auto gear box, which again, I have a G27 so won't use, but too some they do. So I have spent the last 3hrs getting the gear changing correct on this and the GT4 version, and trust me, it's not been easy, but I have got there, finally.

Also, fixed the Weight Ratio (again) found more figures, Fuel Consumption, again due to weight of car changing, brake temps, I think are ok, but will see, Brake glow has increased, well they are GT cars so will apply more heavy braking.

Driver Thumbs moving through wheel, well, I have made this "better" Problem is that the animation used is taken from a full steering wheel and not the D Shape that is on the model, but looks better.

Motec has been removed from the wheel and put on the dash board
Gear stick has been removed
Paddles have been added
Cockpit Mirror now points in the right direction
Drivers feet sit in the footwell (there is not pedals and has never have been)
Added 3 skins that was with the original upload
Fixed the sounds for both cars
GT4 now has independant pitlane lights

So just finalising everything, and will be a massive update for both.

Just wanted to let you know, what's going on

Cheers

Shaun

Thanks for all your hard work and effort and to those who maybe helping in the background.
I love this car and it's good to see some TLC going into it so fellow racers can enjoy.
Keep up the fantastic work.

Fordman updated Ginetta GT4 SuperCup with a new update entry:

Ginetta GT4 Supercup

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay, but here is V3 of the Ginetta GT4 SuperCup. This is not to be confused with the G55 GT4, as they are completely different.

So what has changed...

New Model file
Paddles on steering wheel
Weight Adjusted
Fuel Consumption adjusted due to weight
Brake Pressure / Temps reported (works in Race Essentials)
Brake Glow increased
Driver Animation made a little better (This is using an animation from a full steering wheel, and not the D Shape it has, but looks better)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Someone mixed the builds i guess lol. Happens to the best of us man. Just don't forget: Do not rush these updates. Now upload the real v3 build if you don't have to sleep right now. :D

I'm playing in VR with a rift, but with my head in the correct position, I can't see the complete Motec display anymore. The REV lights are now behind the steering wheel and so the car is undrivable for me at the moment. Please move the Motec a little bit down and center it correctly.

It can't move down, there's no space. What he can(and should) do is move the motec forward and make it sit right, i mean right behind the quick release mechanism. Like the real car.
06.jpg

Fordman updated Ginetta GT4 SuperCup with a new update entry:

The Last I hope

So what has been improved / changed

Motec moved closer
Cams have changed (cockpit, dashcam, bumper, and F6) all improved
Revs lights on MOTEC now turn orange and red
MOTEC intensity has been lowered, not so much in your face, bright Green anymore)
Seat Belts are now visable
Hole filled in where gear stick was removed
Brake lights now have orange tinge, not just pure red
Fingers now meet the paddles
Rear lights moved and working

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Fordman,

Great car and thanks for updating / producing it.

I've noticed that you've included soft tyres only the car. According to the 2016 Michelin Ginetta GT4 SuperCup technical regulations, the following applies:

6.14.2: The only permitted tyres for use in this Championship are as follows:
Michelin 25/64-18 S8FL (slick front tyre)
Michelin 27/65-18 S9HL (slick rear tyre)

According to the Michelin tyre website S8F is a medium tyre and S9H is hard.

Also, not sure if TC or ABS was included in the SuperCup (the rules don't state yes or no), so you might want to check that.

If you don't have a copy of the regs and restrictions I can pm a link to you.

Hi @AJ McDaddy

Wow cool, thanks for that, this will annoy some people as it will loose it's grippyness, but rules are rules HA HA.

I did find somewhere it said TC and ABS wasn't allowed in the Supercup, but was allowed in the GT4 class, but if you could ping me, make sure I have the same ones, that would be grand.

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back