Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you uploaded the first version that included skins it was named as "ginetta_gt4_supercup.rar". But the new update missing skins has also the exact same filename, but requires the skins previously packed.
Because of this one might replace one archived file with the newer by mistake, as the latest file isn't a standalone pack. The update file could be named ginetta_gt4_supercup_update.rar or similar. Sorry if it sounds confusing, or is a non-problem for most.

Edit: Anyway, it's cleaner for newcomers to your mod if you just repack the latest version with skins under a new clearly marked version (both on RD upload tag and filename, like ginetta_gt4_supercup_v1.1.rar).

Last edited:
Version January 29th: the preview png file is missing.
ginetta.png

and skins folder missing as well.

@delpinsky , on the version history tab download both uploads (must rename one of them, so not to overwrite if downloaded to the same folder). Decompress the oldest and largest to your cars folder, and then overwrite with the contents of the smallest rar.

(this was exactly the reason for my post above)

Very Fair point chaps, and valid one, I was just thinking about the size of the updates, trying to keep them as small as possible, as I thought, once you have the 1st download, why download the skins and all again, but like you said and fairly pointed out.

Should be no more updates until the final model is complete, so hopefully happy racing and see you online.

Again, thank you all for your pointers and suggestions.

Shaun

brake lights are better, thanks, still noticeably different to other cars in how they behave from a long distance but much less distracting
any thoughts on rear view mirror placement? it seems to be floating and possibly not in the most convenient spot to glance at. dont know if mentioned already but drivers feet dont seem to reach the pedals :D

brake lights are better, thanks, still noticeably different to other cars in how they behave from a long distance but much less distracting
any thoughts on rear view mirror placement? it seems to be floating and possibly not in the most convenient spot to glance at. dont know if mentioned already but drivers feet dont seem to reach the pedals :D

Glad you like the brake lights, more improvements to come on them, as been watching a lot of ref videos.

Hmm rear view mirror, no your the first to mention this, could you give me pictures please, to help me here.

Pedals and Feet - Yes already noted and being worked on :D

Regards

Shaun

Very Fair point chaps, and valid one, I was just thinking about the size of the updates, trying to keep them as small as possible, as I thought, once you have the 1st download, why download the skins and all again, but like you said and fairly pointed out.

Should be no more updates until the final model is complete, so hopefully happy racing and see you online.

Again, thank you all for your pointers and suggestions.

Shaun
You should always upload the full car, especially for people just stumbling upon it long after the first release. I think it is even against RD rules to not do this, as people could use this trick to upload stuff over the size limit (as in release split archives that you have to combine)

@AccAkut so when I release an update, upload the whole folder, include everything, even though people will have most of the BIG files (skins / sfx)?

Cheers

Shaun
That is how it suppose to be done I guess, The latest upload will always be on the big "download this mod" button
As it is right now it is 74.3Mb but that is just the update so if you download the mod for the first time you don`t get the full mod.

Hi All,

Just a question. Everybody seems to want to race the Ginetta with the Porsche and the Maserati, but at the moment, the Ginetta is faster. Is there enough demand for me to create a GT4 version so that it compares to the other 2?

Yes please! I would very much like a friend to play with the Porsche and Mazza. :D

I cannot remember who, but somebody said that they could not put the car in gear while waiting on the grid. I have found out that this is a server setting, you need to enable False Starts and then 10-15secs before the start, you can put the car in gear.

I have tested this on my server, so just wanted to clear that up, as I hate leaving things un-explained.

Shaun

Fordman updated Ginetta GT4 SuperCup with a new update entry:

Ginetta GT4 Supercup

A few changes.

Gear Ratios changed to match the real cars, top speed is 150mph
Brake Lights now fixed, shows 4 times LED round lights.
Lights fixed ( as they wasn't working)
Brake Temps now reported (works in Race Essentials)
Front Aero is now adjustable in setup

Left to do.
Model changes
LOD Changes

Again I ask you all, any problems, please report

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%