Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bug with the lods.ini. The AI cars disappear much too early. Also the cage in the cockpit. It did some testing and that's my suggestion for lods.ini

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=50

[LOD_0]
FILE=ginetta_gt4_supercup_loda.kn5
IN=0
OUT=1500

There's a bug with the lods.ini. The AI cars disappear much too early. Also the cage in the cockpit. It did some testing and that's my suggestion for lods.ini

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=50

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=1500
By this you mean probably what I just experienced in my first race against AI: cars in front and behind vanish and only the driver can be seen, right ? That is until you get closer to them.
That is a bit ennoying yes...
AI seems to be 1,5" faster around Road Atlanta and a tad more aggressive.

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=50

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=1500

Just wanted to check something here. You said Distance_Switch 50??

All other cars I have seen either use 6 or 7?

Yes that's correct or you'll see the popup of the red cockpit cage. Maybe 20 or 30 could be enough, if you don't concentrate on the cage. Just test it.

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=50

Maybe the reason is, that i'm playing in VR with a Oculus Rift CV1.
I did another test and I need DISTANCE_SWITCH=50 or I have cars in front of me where I can see the red cockpit cage popping away.

seems like great mod, thanks for keeping it alive.

main issue for me is the brake lights are wayyyy too strong, they can be seen clearly from like 250m away blinding bright vs official cars are much more subtle and believable. its pretty distracting imo
NNrYbxh.jpg

and yeah car going invisible is presumably to do with the discussion above
I0gqKLu.jpg

keep up the good work :)

@Chris Kennedy just seen your post, as I was uploading new version.

Ok, will work on the brake lights now. People said they was not bright enough and others said to bright, I need to find a happy medium LOL

You wont be able to address the issue with the brake lights using the lights.ini. you'll need to adjust the material setting for the tail lights. Should be able to get lights that are visible with PP off without being too bright with PP on like official cars once you get the material settings dialed in.

Fordman updated Ginetta GT4 SuperCup with a new update entry:

New Update

Rim Blur added - Thanks to Mahad for this
Lods,ini sorted
Toned down the rear brake lights, as suggested.

This is an update file, so just overwrite your files. There is a new KN5 file, due to rim blur.

All skins will work from previous.

TO DO....
Remove Central Gear stick
Move Motec from wheel to Dash board
Add both rear lights as brake lights ( I have been watching videos)

Read the rest of this update entry...

You wont be able to address the issue with the brake lights using the lights.ini. you'll need to adjust the material setting for the tail lights. Should be able to get lights that are visible with PP off without being too bright with PP on like official cars once you get the material settings dialed in.
@Michael Hornbuckle has said, If people don't use PP filters then the brake lights are dim (AC not me) but I did go a little over board on the settings for brake lights, so I have tamed this down a little

@Michael Hornbuckle has said, If people don't use PP filters then the brake lights are dim (AC not me) but I did go a little over board on the settings for brake lights, so I have tamed this down a little

While its true that brake lights are dimmer with PP off I can still see brake lights on all official cars just fine. If you're not able to modify the light materials to get them to work like official cars thats OK. Just wanted to let you know that changing the lights.ini is not a solution.

While its true that brake lights are dimmer with PP off I can still see brake lights on all official cars just fine. If you're not able to modify the light materials to get them to work like official cars thats OK. Just wanted to let you know that changing the lights.ini is not a solution.

Thanks mate, I will certainly ask, but thank you :thumbsup:

Maybe when you update a file that works as an update to a previous release and still requires it, it shouldn't have the exact same filename. One might replace the older but still required archive by mistake. Other than that, a big thanks for keeping this mod alive!

Maybe when you update a file that works as an update to a previous release and still requires it, it shouldn't have the exact same filename. One might replace the older but still required archive by mistake.
Sorry @AlleyViper I don't get what your saying. I have slimmed this down as much as I can, it needs the new data.acd file, it needs the new kn5 file which is is all included in the download, and I said, overwrite files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%