Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fordman submitted a new resource:

Ginetta GT4 SuperCup - Ginetta GT4, properly named

Hi All,

Firstly I want to apologise for the renaming and new download, but why will become apparent. This is the same mod (Model) at the moment as the file I uploaded, the G55 but with a few more features, as I will explain.

After extensive research, this is actually not the G55, but this is based on the Ginetta GT4 Supercup (A BTCC based Support Series) so what some might see, in other countries, it doesn't appear here in the UK, so I apologise if I have upset anybody, but I have based...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks all for your comments and testing, and if somebody calls it a G55 again, I will personally slap them :roflmao::D Just kidding of course.

You will find that the Ginetta is quicker due to having soft slick tyres, so will grip better, It may also be lighter (not checked) where as the Porsche and Maserati have hard compound.

You can run both version (G55 and the Supercup) in AC if you wish, but I will only be updating the Supercup from now on. Updating both versions will only get confusing.

Hi All,

Just a question. Everybody seems to want to race the Ginetta with the Porsche and the Maserati, but at the moment, the Ginetta is faster. Is there enough demand for me to create a GT4 version so that it compares to the other 2?

Dude get some rest lmao ! Well if you ask me, sure it could be nice to have a ginetta running against other gt4s, but as you said it would double the work...and we both know that they are not the only cars you work on !

Btw, I tried the supercup this night, one word: AMAZING, but still probs on the tires same temps on in, mid, and out.

Dude really, have some rest and enjoy your free time xD !

Hi All,

Just a question. Everybody seems to want to race the Ginetta with the Porsche and the Maserati, but at the moment, the Ginetta is faster. Is there enough demand for me to create a GT4 version so that it compares to the other 2?
Would be very nice, maybe start by adjusting the Ginetta onto hard tires, could make it a bit more equal.

Hi All,

If it were me, I'd stick to just one until it's as complete as it can be, then perhaps move on to the other if demand is there. Doing both at once could, as you said yourself, be confusing. Not to mention time consuming.

If it were me, I'd stick to just one until it's as complete as it can be, then perhaps move on to the other if demand is there. Doing both at once could, as you said yourself, be confusing. Not to mention time consuming.

Yeah I know what you mean, but "if" they are named differently which they are now, see told you there was a reason :D there should be no confusion.

Arr it was just an idea, to see if "people" would like it :thumbsup:

Just reading the Tech Manual and regulations, should not be that much work actually, I am just a little confused. The Tech Reg states:

The gearbox must comprise a maximum of 6 ratios and a reverse gear. The interior of the gearbox is free. The number of teeth and ratios homologated in the Technical Form must be retained. The joints of the gearbox are free. The gear selection grid pattern homologated on the series model must be retained.

Sequential gearboxes are forbidden in GT4, unless by a waiver of the SRO GT4 Bureau

But the Porsche and the Mas have locked gear boxes and fixed Diff's but they also have Seq Gear boxes, which to me, that says they have the "waiver" for the Seq Gearbox :thumbsdown:

Any resident GT4 experts here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back