AC Ginetta GT4 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 19th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 19th of December we're heading to Brands Hatch, for some GT4 racing!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Brands-HatchGP03.dfff6c704a8dbd267ca6dbe881f4c14b.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

GT4

Event details:
  • Track: Brands hatch, England
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/29C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Ooh hope I can make this one. Have some family stuff Sunday, but it might be done in time for me to hop in at the end of practice.

Definitely a fan of these ginetta's too. Just enough grunt with just enough control. And they sound great too :thumbsup:

I am in Brian. Love this car, especially the option to choose a version with the steering wheel in the right place.;)

Brands Hatch remains elusive for me to master and be consistent, looking forward to trying it in the GT4 class where I am doing my better racing.

I am in Brian. Love this car, especially the option to choose a version with the steering wheel in the right place.;)

Brands Hatch remains elusive for me to master and be consistent, looking forward to trying it in the GT4 class where I am doing my better racing.

Looking forward to trying RHD in VR for this race. I've tried it on the monitor before, but it was confusing. Was afraid of clipping the grass or hitting someone in a race so went back to the incorrect side.

Looking forward to trying RHD in VR for this race. I've tried it on the monitor before, but it was confusing. Was afraid of clipping the grass or hitting someone in a race so went back to the incorrect side.
Yep, had a go but I kept putting wheels on the grass, it actually felt unatural even though I drive like that during the day. Maybe it works better for anti clockwork tracks but I was struggling to judge the width in VR on my left.

Quietly retreats back to the garage to grab the LHD instead..:(

Great race everyone! I finally broke into the 1:27s here after reaching 1:28.3 last time. I actually didn't even remember racing here before in the Ginettas so it must have been a long time ago, so I was surprised to find I had WR already when joining :)

This car is terrific fun to throw around and this is the perfect circuit for it, great choice @Interslice. Thanks for organising and choosing such a great combo!

Unlucky @Kek700 on the last lap shenanigans, trust me, I've done that before... :coffee:

My VR onboard was recorded and should be up shortly.

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211219-J1R

Last edited:
Great race. When I loaded up and saw I was sat in a RHD I had a bit of a panic as I had practiced using the other side. I got used to it but it caused me to touch the grass at Hawthornes and let Ernie slip by early on. I caught him again then when chasing him I had a spin and dropped down to 5th. I seemed to undercut Thomas on the pit stop and get that place back, realized towards the end I was actually close to Ernie and Han who looked to be scrapping so I pushed the last few laps to take advantage, catch up and see what might be up for grabs. Somehow I slipped past Han on the start of the final lap and poor Ernie went off ( bad luck mate) so it paid off.

Congratulations Chris, I knew you had the WR as I was chasing it last couple of days. I managed to get at least into the same second then you come and shave another .5 off. I didn't think a 1.27 was possible, impressive!

Thanks Brian for organizing, great combo.

Thanks for the race, guys, and Brian for organising.

I had the pace for mid pack but too many off tracks saw me drop to the back several times and try to regain a few positions.

Then I found I had miscalculated my fuel and then fumbled my pitstop trying to change on the fly.

I'm not sure how many Sundays I can make but I enjoyed it regardless of my last place finish (of the drivers who finished).

Apologies to Samuel for knocking you off track early on. I misjudged how early you would brake. I did follow the golden rule, though, and got safely past you another three times (!), I think, thanks to my many errors.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back