AC Ginetta GT4 @ Barbagallo - Sunday 25th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Results: https://simresults.net/210725-G1g

What a great track and car combination, great choice for Shaun's memory @Interslice. So much fun sliding on the off camber corners and drifting the car around, and congrats to @HF2000 and @Kek700 on the podium! :thumbsup:

From my side, pretty quiet race in terms of battles, but a lot of fun. Wanted to use the race to train up my consistency a bit and was pretty happy there, no major mistakes (except for the attempted murder on @Interslice and @Kek700 :coffee::coffee:).

A real shame to lose Shaun, but what a great aspect of the modern world that his legacy can live on so vividly. RIP.

Good race. Found myself in 2nd position at the start. Rookie on thr front grid so I was concentrating hard on not causing a rookie crash in T1 and punting you off Chris! I was unable to defend against Han at the same time. A misjudgement at T1 a lap later and I dropped a position to Ernie too, I tried to defend it but ran out of room. Good racing with you then Paul for 20 mins, we seem to often end up fighting, our pace is very similar! I eventually outbroke myself following you into T6 and spun on the gravel. Was pretty lonely after that, too far behind the cars in front to close the gap in remaining laps and a fair distance from those behind. Disappointed about the spin, I've managed to keep it on the track recently.

Really fun car, shame to hear this was in remembrance of its creator. Its definitely a legacy I hope to race here again.

Thanks Brian for setting it up. Congratulations to Chris, Han and Ernie.

Last edited:
I usually have a bit of luck or a of lot luck. :( Not much in this race.
Lost my braking foot, bugger, found it, I suppose you could say that was a bit of good luck.:roflmao::roflmao:
That Rotter Han got about 5 seconds on me, really really struggled to get it back.
Han pitted the same time as me , how he had such a fast pit stop,:O_o: another 5 seconds, bugger number 2.
Now another really really hard struggle to get that back.
Just as it was looking promising that other Rotter Chris lost me another second.
Off again eventually started to close the gap, another Rotter of a blue flag lost me another second or two.
By now I am starting to lose the will to live, i have to give up on catching Han, all that is left to do is say well done Han, tried my best, unfortunately it was not good enough.
Amazing lap times by Chris, nice to see you back again.:)
The worst thing by far was hearing a lot of swearing, all I heard was skippy this skippy that, just had to leave.
62E137BA-5196-4B9A-9631-16B7C80277E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that race. Qualified on the back row with casper and slowly got to grips with the car. I was able to get going a nice pace after about 20 minutes. The car gets into a lovely rhythm on this track. A nice battle with colin and pat was brewing but they unfortunately collided at T1 letting me skip past them both. Caught up to paul about half way in. Got a nice undercut done in the pits. No wheel to wheel battle for p4 unfortunately!

Such a nice car to drive both during the lonely and the battling sections of the race. The feedback through the wheel is amazing. Never felt in doubt as to what is going on underneath. It really draws you in to pushing it on though the corners.A real credit to it's creator. RIP

I usually have a bit of luck or a of lot luck. :( Not much in this race.
Lost my braking foot, bugger, found it, I suppose you could say that a bit of good luck.:roflmao::roflmao:
That Rotter Han got about 5 seconds on me, really really struggled to get it back.
Han pitted the same time as me , how he had such a fast pit stop,:O_o: another 5 seconds, bugger number 2.
Now another really really hard struggle to get that back.
Just as it was looking promising that other Rotter Chris lost me another second.
Off again eventually started to close the gap, another Rotter of a blue flag lost me another second or two.
By now I am starting to lose the will to live, i have to give up on catching Han, all that is left to do is say well done Han, tried my best, unfortunately it was not good enough.
Amazing lap times by Chris, nice to see you back again.:)

View attachment 490905
What happened with your pitstop, Ernie?. I had a bad one myself, I overshot my position and had to go into reverse. I thought it would give you my place then so surprised (and happy) that you were that far behind.

To be honest, I didn't feel like racing tonight as I was very tired but with only 9 participants I didn't want to sign out. So low were my expectations seeing the laptimes of you all in practice. Then I watched Chris in one of his laps and I saw he used 2nd gear in T1. Tried that and that gave me instantly almost half a second in sector 1. So now I could compete with you, resulting in P3 in qually.

In T1 I could overtake Tim and after that it was for me a very intens race trying to keep a gap to Ernie who had better pace and as always was waiting on my usual mistake. Well, I made a lot of small mistakes but none that got me off track. At the end I was soaked, very tired and multiples times stung by mosquitoes (left the window open) but very happy with second place.

Congrats to Chris and Ernie and thanks to Brian for organising.

Last edited:
A really great and fun car to drive. I got a sluggish start and Pat got alongside inside into T1. We went side by side into T3 and then touched as we both went for the same piece of road into T4. Sorry Pat, I think you may have had a nose ahead and the touch pushed you wide but it was hard to judge from inside the car. I’m not sure what happened later on with Colin but even though you were lapped you were on my pace.
I then got by Tim after a drag race down the straight and into T7. Tim stuck on on rear bumper for what seemed like ages until he disappeared at T6 and gave me some breathing space.
I could see Brian closing me down and I decided to pit. Brian got the undercut as I slowed to let Chris by on my out lap but to be fair Brian was much quicker but it could have been interesting at the pit exit if I managed to get a good lap.
But a fun race, Sorry to Pat for the incident on lap 1, as the midfield drivers times are very similar and it looks like we are set for some good battles in future races with Tim and Colin.
Congrats to Chis, Han and Ernie and thanks to Brian for setting up this event, a fitting tribute to Shaun and this great car mod.

Enjoyable but lonely at times race in a great car. Q8 and finished 7 so progress I guess.

Had a slight Max v Lewis moment into T1 with Mark but I'd put that one down to a racing incident :). I had no traffic after that so did an early splash and dash and decided to see how that would pan out. Fairly long stint with no action then Tim popped out just in front after his pit stop. He was too quick for me and the only other action was being lapped by Chris, Han & Ernie.

The next circuit will be a shock to the system - so many corners!

RIP Shaun - your mods will live on forever

Thanks for organising Brian

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years