Cars Ginetta G55 - Updated [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fordman updated Ginetta G55 - Updated with a new update entry:

Updated Ginetta G55

Evening all

I have listened to you all, and ok some things are not complete as of yet, as they are way beyond my knowledge, but I have people working on it, but I promised you an update, so here it is.

So what do you have.......

Updated Bonnet Cam
Updated Bumper Cam
Updated Dash Cam
Updated Sounds
Brake Fade
Updated FFB
Auto Gear Box works, all gears
AI is now faster, good luck with them LOL
Brake lights are brighter
Fuel warning light been fixed
Paddle shift animation added

Just...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Removed the gear stick ?
The G55 is equipped with a 6-speed sequential manual, not paddles IIRC ?
At least I have been using my SQ stick all the time with this car.
I am glad the sound has improved in the previous update and that the crickets/squirrels that were hiding in the cockpit are gone now ... :roflmao:

Thank you for update. Works perfectly for me. I have XBox One Controller (auto gear box wasnt working for me previously). It drives and sounds wonderfully. Even have SXF in replay!!!
Your efforts are much appreciated. I am looking forward to your next project!!!

Thanks for the update.

Just a couple of things, the brake lights still don't appear any brighter for me. I've upped the r value to 15000 and that still doesn't help so I think the issue is with the materials settings for the tail and break lights - maybe have your modeller take a look.

Also, the distance for the LR cockpit is still set to 7 so it switches too late (too close to camera). Setting the distance to150 fixes the problem of a car with no interior in replays. Look forward to the next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Two
  • Deleted member 223075

Ok so i tried to make some change :

Blender :
434566blender.jpg

3DSimED3 :
5848933dsim.jpg

In Game :
795683ingame.jpg

Seems to works, but im not 3D modeler. So someone with more experience, can do better. Also remeber it is just for test, some textures must be replaced but its long work.

Also i don't know how to delete some parts of the steering wheel.

The new upload has both a data folder and a data.acd, doubt thats intentional :) I think AC priorities the data folder if it finds both

@Mahad

You need to move the target Null for the digital instruments aswell to get all the numbers to the new position.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

@AccAkut

Yeah i made some changes. Now i have the new .fbx which requires some corrections but the big part of the work is done.
159742Sanstitre2.jpg

So now need to find somebody with better experience to continue the work.

Removed the gear stick ?
The G55 is equipped with a 6-speed sequential manual, not paddles IIRC ?
At least I have been using my SQ stick all the time with this car.
I am glad the sound has improved in the previous update and that the crickets/squirrels that were hiding in the cockpit are gone now ... :roflmao:
If you look at the video I posted here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ginetta-g55-updated.130974/page-2#post-2385298 you will see there is no gear stick anymore. They now run F1 Style Paddle shifts.

http://www.ginetta.com/racing.php?championship=supercup&tab=car - Take a look at the pictures of the car in the Gallery.

• Hewland 6-speed paddle shift gearbox
  • Motec M150 ECU and C125 Dash display

Would be very nice if the drivers hands grabbing through the steering wheel could be fixed :)
Also the following values in driver3d.ini should be set:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
LOCK=360

Thanks for the update.

Just a couple of things, the brake lights still don't appear any brighter for me. I've upped the r value to 15000 and that still doesn't help so I think the issue is with the materials settings for the tail and break lights - maybe have your modeller take a look.

Also, the distance for the LR cockpit is still set to 7 so it switches too late (too close to camera). Setting the distance to150 fixes the problem of a car with no interior in replays. Look forward to the next release.

Hmm, the lights are really brighter on my screen, maybe its a PPP filter you are using. I am using Kunos Default.

Arr, thanks, I forgot about that one, I knew I missed something. Will get that done.

Would be very nice if the drivers hands grabbing through the steering wheel could be fixed :)
Also the following values in driver3d.ini should be set:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
LOCK=360

How the cars work is that in the car.ini you have to set the ratio, which, until I get the real data (yes I have somebody getting that for me) I have taken a rough guess that the ratio is closer to 270 (centre to right)

In the driver3d.ini file you have to take the ratio in the car.ini and x 2 (to give you lock to lock) which is why it is set 540.

Using your value, the car would only have a centre to right steering ratio of 180.

If you look at the video I posted here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ginetta-g55-updated.130974/page-2#post-2385298 you will see there is no gear stick anymore. They now run F1 Style Paddle shifts.

http://www.ginetta.com/racing.php?championship=supercup&tab=car - Take a look at the pictures of the car in the Gallery.
I see. Did not notice that before.
But there I also see that there is a fixed Motec display behind the wheel, no longer part of the wheel... ;)
Have to agree with another remark, that we need to be able to adjust gears. On short(er) tracks it is OK, but even at Road Atlanta, I am hitting the limiter in 6th way before the end of the downhill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back