Cars Ginetta G55 - Updated [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new section for auto-shifter in the drivetrain.ini now, I'm not sure when it showed up but that behavior used to be solely controlled by the AI setting as Micheal suggested.

I use a pad, so if you need a pad-aware physics guy to make a pass at the finer points, I'm glad to. (Sounds like you've got it under control.)

Right, just to let you all know, so far, and been testing and changing for 4hrs solid now LOL #dedicated

Fixed the Bonnet Cam (I think)
Fixed the Bumper Cam (I think)
Fixed the Automatic Gear Box in single player mode and also for the AI ( and I have tested this)
Fixed the AI, now more competitive
Added Brake Fade
Added a new surprise...you should hear this ;)
Fixed Fuel Warning light
The car now operates full Sequential Paddle shift gear box, and not allowed to change it

@electriC82 I am looking at the manual now, for Gear Ratios and rules, but this has not been changed from the original creator

Left to do, FFB, steering Ratio (it's aweful) and brake lights, and look at gear Ratios, if possible the Paddle shift Animation. I might not be able to get rid of the gear stick, but this might be WIP

Should all be done tonight

Just to let you know LOL

Shaun

Last edited:
D'oh! The FFB and steering have been near perfect since day 1 of this car's release. Please re-consider changing any of this, especially if you consider the current ratio awful.

Right, just to let you all know, so far, and been testing and changing for 4hrs solid now LOL #dedicated

Fixed the Bonnet Cam (I think)
Fixed the Bumper Cam (I think)
Fixed the Automatic Gear Box in single player mode and also for the AI ( and I have tested this)
Fixed the AI, now more competitive
Added Brake Fade
Added a new surprise...you should hear this ;)
Fixed Fuel Warning light
The car now operates full Sequential Paddle shift gear box, and not allowed to change it

@electriC82 I am looking at the manual now, for Gear Ratios and rules, but this has not been changed from the original creator

Left to do, FFB, steering Ratio (it's aweful) and brake lights, and look at gear Ratios, if possible the Paddle shift Animation. I might not be able to get rid of the gear stick, but this might be WIP

Should all be done tonight

Just to let you know LOL

Shaun
Shift animation you should be able to just copy from another car, it's just a ksanim for two fingers of each hand. Do you mean getting rid of the gearstick animation or the stick itself? Many sequential gearbox (iirc mostly rally boxes) have both, in case the actuators fail you then can still bang it by hand.

So stoked for this, kudos for putting more work into these changes!
Another fix to add: something wrong with the rollcage LOD - when racing against the Ginetta, the rollcage doesn't appear until you are literally right on the Ginetta's a$$.
And I guess requesting a LODB and maybe LODC would be asking a bit much? It's pretty resource intensive with only one LOD :unsure: :)

@Chazz Ranger and @Ch4rL1E sorry to disappoint but I am no 3d modeller, I can only work on the "flowery" stuff, like I said in the first post, and what you are asking, is to do with the 3d model. Sorry :(
the rollcage disappearing is probably just the switch between COCKPIT_HR and COCKPIT_LR, which is a setting in the lods.ini. Change it to a further distance.

Same with the steering wheel "slipping", somewhere (I can't check right now) you can set what degrees of rotation it should have (car.ini?), just test around until it fits.

And compared to the new Kunos cars with their multi layered lights and animated everything and things the ol' Ginetta should not have any performance problems even without LODs. Going by the skin mapping the modder knew what he was doing, so I don't expect any performance heavy mistakes in the kn5 (hundreds of textures, hundreds of materials, 300k in tris etc)

Lovely car :)
Screenshot_ginetta_g55_oulton_park_25-1-117-16-16-23.jpg
Screenshot_ginetta_g55_oulton_park_25-1-117-16-20-0.jpg
Screenshot_ginetta_g55_oulton_park_25-1-117-16-22-51.jpg

Last edited:
the rollcage disappearing is probably just the switch between COCKPIT_HR and COCKPIT_LR, which is a setting in the lods.ini. Change it to a further distance.

Same with the steering wheel "slipping", somewhere (I can't check right now) you can set what degrees of rotation it should have (car.ini?), just test around until it fits.

And compared to the new Kunos cars with their multi layered lights and animated everything and things the ol' Ginetta should not have any performance problems even without LODs. Going by the skin mapping the modder knew what he was doing, so I don't expect any performance heavy mistakes in the kn5 (hundreds of textures, hundreds of materials, 300k in tris etc)
Hi Mate.

Hmm ok, will check that file, thanks for that, and no, what he means by slipping is that the hands "go through" the wheel, which is a modelling issue, not a file setting.

Hi All,

I really appreciate your feedback, but can I just say, I am not a modeller, there is loads of things I cannot change, and to be honest, at my age, I don't want to learn. I can do the "fluffy, flowery" bits, but nothing to do with the model, i.e steering Animiations, LODS, Motec's, Rollcages, so please, stop asking.

I can only "make do" I cannot fix and mend, sorry :(

• Deleted member 223075

Personally i added blur_disc wich has not in your release. You can change something by yourself using 3dsimed3. Not so hard ;)

I was driving the Ginetta using the joypad (can't use the wheel now).
I noticed the automatic shifter can't use the 3rd gear.

So I unpacked the data.acd and changed the ai.ini
[GEARS]
DOWN=5000 instead of 5500. Otherwise this high value interferes with the downshifting rpm and blocks the upshifting.

Check for yourself and see if it's ok ;)

Thanks for your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years