Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 223075

Read the "left to do" mate.......

Shaun

Sorry i just downloaded this version and the LCD is not on the steering wheel, do you use a part of my work i sent to you ?

No worries, as long as bumper cam comes up a bit I'm happy. :)

How does this float your boat....I mean suite your view?

Screenshot_ginetta_gt4_supercup_oulton_park_11-2-117-15-37-4.jpg

Fordman updated Ginetta G55 GT4 with a new update entry:

That last...I hope

So what has been improved / changed

Has a dedicated Pitlane Limiter Rear light (like GT Cars)
Motec moved closer
Cams have changed (cockpit, dashcam, bumper, and F6) all improved
Revs lights on MOTEC now turn orange and red
MOTEC intensity has been lowered, not so much in your face, bright Green anymore)
Seat Belts are now visable
Hole filled in where gear stick was removed
Brake lights now have orange tinge, not just pure red
Fingers now meet the paddles
Rear lights moved and working

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the effort put into this mod. I really appreciate that the GT4 field in Assetto Corsa is filling.
Unfortunately the performance of GT4 cars in Assetto Corsa is too far spread to do any meaningful racing against the AI.

Yesterday I raced a Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport around Bathurst against Maserati, Porsche and Ginetta GT4 racers and the field simply could not catch up to the Ginetta's.
I was ahead of all Porsche and Maserati opponents and claiming more and more of a gap to the rest of the field while it was simply impossible to catch up to the Ginettas leading the race.
The Ginettas literally gained a 1+ second lead every single lap on the rest of the field!

Could you please look into the performance of the GT4 Ginetta and adjust it to match the Porsche GT4 and Maserati GT4 cars (probably being just a bit slower than the Porsche but faster than the Maserati).
This would greatly improve racing with the Ginetta G55 GT4 in the field - currently it is just too fast.

Two other small bits I would love to see improved as well:

1) surface materials in the cockpit are way to shiny, especially the dashboard areas + adding some texture to objects like the racing seats would bring this model a long way too
2) could you please work on a light on/ off indicator in the cockpit (simplest way would be to have a lit and unlit Motec LCD depending on the headlights on/off

So far this is a great mod, I am really enjoying to have these Ginettas in the field and would give the mod a 4.25 / 5 stars at the moment.
If the speed, cockpit textures/materials and the light indicator would be sorted out and the GT4 Ginetta would come with a few real liveries and a few less fantasy liveries, it would easily be a 5 / 5 stars for a mod car.

The Supercup Ginetta I did not enjoy so much - it has such incredibly high amounts of grip and barely any slip and impossibly efficient brakes. Even with the traction control off it is barely possible to generate any slip in tight turns on warm tires.
I am not sure how realistic this is. I am sure it is a fun single make car to race with game pads among friends but somehow it does not feel right.
The Supercut Ginetta feels more like a ~850kg car when racing than the ~1200kg as of its immense grip and super responsive turning and braking.
I also had some funky FFB wheel forces during hard braking with this car I do not have with any Kunos cars.

Keep it up! this mod shows great potential and is a must have in my opinion.

Thanks for the effort put into this mod. I really appreciate that the GT4 field in Assetto Corsa is filling.
Unfortunately the performance of GT4 cars in Assetto Corsa is too far spread to do any meaningful racing against the AI.

Yesterday I raced a Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport around Bathurst against Maserati, Porsche and Ginetta GT4 racers and the field simply could not catch up to the Ginetta's.
I was ahead of all Porsche and Maserati opponents and claiming more and more of a gap to the rest of the field while it was simply impossible to catch up to the Ginettas leading the race.
The Ginettas literally gained a 1+ second lead every single lap on the rest of the field!

Could you please look into the performance of the GT4 Ginetta and adjust it to match the Porsche GT4 and Maserati GT4 cars (probably being just a bit slower than the Porsche but faster than the Maserati).
This would greatly improve racing with the Ginetta G55 GT4 in the field - currently it is just too fast.

Two other small bits I would love to see improved as well:

1) surface materials in the cockpit are way to shiny, especially the dashboard areas + adding some texture to objects like the racing seats would bring this model a long way too
2) could you please work on a light on/ off indicator in the cockpit (simplest way would be to have a lit and unlit Motec LCD depending on the headlights on/off

So far this is a great mod, I am really enjoying to have these Ginettas in the field and would give the mod a 4.25 / 5 stars at the moment.
If the speed, cockpit textures/materials and the light indicator would be sorted out and the GT4 Ginetta would come with a few real liveries and a few less fantasy liveries, it would easily be a 5 / 5 stars for a mod car.

The Supercup Ginetta I did not enjoy so much - it has such incredibly high amounts of grip and barely any slip and impossibly efficient brakes. Even with the traction control off it is barely possible to generate any slip in tight turns on warm tires.
I am not sure how realistic this is. I am sure it is a fun single make car to race with game pads among friends but somehow it does not feel right.
The Supercut Ginetta feels more like a ~850kg car when racing than the ~1200kg as of its immense grip and super responsive turning and braking.
I also had some funky FFB wheel forces during hard braking with this car I do not have with any Kunos cars.

Keep it up! this mod shows great potential and is a must have in my opinion.
I have tried to match the Porsche and Maserati, and for me ( and I am no speed demon) with AI on 99% I thought they was pretty close, but yes, there is some tweaks here and there that can be done for sure.

You are correct, the Supercup does have to much grip, but I have now the 2017 Tech Reg for that championship, so I am changing them as we speak (more weight, medium tyres and also correct gear ratios)

You said with TC off, but you cannot turn it on or off, it is off by default, as had confirmation from a Ginetta Driver.

But thank you for your detailed comments

I admit, I only have compared the performance of the Ginetta vs other GT4 cars on Bathurst and Estoril thus far.
It may be that on other track (particularly Kunos tracks) the AI will handle the cars differently.

On Estoril and Bathurst though the gap the AI managed to generate between the Ginettas at the front and the rest of the field was substantial after just a few laps (the Ginettas being much faster).

I have traction control and ABS settings mapped to controls on the steering wheel (I love racing those GT3 cars ).
With the Ginetta Supercup I could switch TC on and off with the TC controls on the wheels (but there was no obvious difference, also maybe of the Supercup cars extremely high grip - I could hardly unsettle the rear end on Estoril).
I always race the AI on the standard 98% (somehow AC always goes back to 98% AI settings, so I just leave it at that).

I am looking forward to more updates, especially regarding the performance difference (I really believe the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport should be the highest performing GT4 car currently in AC - for funs sake though, the Ginettas should just almost match it for interesting under dog races ;-)

Here's hoping you can find some help for the LODs, otherwise we're unlikely to see this car being used online much. That would be a shame! :(

Hi, I just had a weekend at the Valencia Street Circuit with a grid of 22 G55 GT4s.
The car is very well done but I noticed (looking at the replay) that about 10 AIs had retired with a broken engine as a consequence of a very light hit in the rear of their cars.
The "pushing" cars had just minor damage to the bumpers while the "pushed" cars had critical damage to the engines. Is this just a strange coincidence or there is something wrong with the damaging model of the car?
Anyway, thank you for your hard work a keep it up!

Hi @AleDaRimini

Thank you for that. I must admit, I have not noticed that and I have run AI races (checking the gearing more so) and yes I had AI retire due to over revving on down shifts, but I thought this was fixed. I can only do so much with AI, it will almost come down to the fast ai line on the circuit, each circuit is different of course.

But of course, I will double check it, and thank you

Shaun

@AleDaRimini

Unfortunatly, I cannot check every circuit people use, otherwise I would be hear for months, and this is one circuit I don't have. What I have tested is:

ALL AC Tracks, Oulton Park (all configs), Donington, Snetterton, Blackwood, Gentrack1, Mills, MVMP, Riverside, Rockingham, Thruxton, Tor_Poz, Aosta, Pukekohe Park (that is a serious bump test) VIR, so I think I have tested enough LOL

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back