Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done some tinkering today, and figured out how to do this. Don't panic I am not going to release an update just for these, but will come with the next one.

I will put up a server tonight, if anybody is interested (GT4 Class)

NEW LEDS

I appreciate the effort for reviving the mod. But I have a question. Do you have permission from the original modders? This should be the original mods this has been based on, yes? Or is it made from scratch?
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ginetta-gt-supercup-v0-55.12458/
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ginetta-g55-gt4-v0-61-18-03-2016.31214/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-g55-gt4.9452/
It wouldn't be the first time that this mod changed hands to be continued but you don't state anywhere that you have the permission. I don't care about credit to a "Pitone-Edition - by Peter Utecht". Plenty of "Pitone-Editions" out there of stuff nobody has permission to (ripped content). As much as I appreciate your effort this needs to be clarified.

Hi @Epistolarius There is one easy simple answer to your 1st question and that is a plain and simple NO......BUT......

I did message @Daniel.13 (asking for permission to "fix" what is broken on the car, as he had permission from Bartosz Zielinski to work on it. I also send a message to Bartosz Zielinski via http://polinii.com/the-team/ website asking permission, but as you can see, this has been inactive since 2015 (original model came out in 2014)

Daniel.13 replied to his thread back in Jul 2016, and since then nothing, so in my eyes it has been just left "like all GREAT MODS" whether he didn't have time, we don't know, so since then its just sat there. When Peter Utecht updated it, I too, had forgotten about it, but then I thought, oh wait a moment, I remember this beast of a mod.

So all I have done is "fix" what was broken over time, except the slight model change (introducing paddle shifts and removing gear stick, and moving the original motec to the dashboard, to fit the new model of the car) which OK, I should not of done without permission, so for this, I really to apologise, but hopefully the original creators (which I have never said I am) will appreciate that their great mod they painfully created is still be progressed and made better as AC progresses, even now (3yrs after original release date)

Now if I was claiming yes I made this, this is my mod bla bla bla, then yes, this would be a major issue, but fixing things (fluffy things as in .ini files, sounds) I personally don't see this as an issue, do you?

Hopefully this clears things up, but if this is a problem for anybody, RD mods, please feel free to remove this download.

Kind Regards

Shaun

If anybody is interest in some fun friendly racing, my server is now up with GT4 cars (Ginetta, Porsche and Maserati) just search T7R. I wasn't sure what track to pick, as I think every would be bored of Spa and Monza for GT cars, so I picked Barcelona.

If you have any recommendations, please shout

Cheers

Shaun

Any chance you can adjust the bumper cam position? It seems to be on the bottom of the bumper and feels like my chin is dragging against the tarmac, much lower than on other cars. Other than that I was pleased with the mod. :thumbsup:

Indeed it will vary. I think it's pretty much perfect as is.

Yeah, on my setup it feels like I'm only about three feet tall and struggling to see over the dash. :laugh: I wouldn't expect him to change it just for me though, I'll probably use bumper cam most of the time anyway once it's adjusted.

Awesome. Do you have control of the dashcam position too? I felt it was up a bit too high, but of course that will vary from one person's setup to another.

I have control over all the cams, but yes your right, I cannot make it perfect for everybody, and like @Two said, I think it's pretty central and good. Maybe could moving back an inch or two, but I cannot suit everybody, sorry :(

Try the Bonnet Cam, that gives a real good sense of view and speed, just as a suggestion

Shaun

I have control over all the cams, but yes your right, I cannot make it perfect for everybody, and like @Two said, I think it's pretty central and good. Maybe could moving back an inch or two, but I cannot suit everybody, sorry :(

Try the Bonnet Cam, that gives a real good sense of view and speed, just as a suggestion

Shaun

No worries, I'll just stick to bumper cam. I hate bonnet cam, makes me feel like I'm driving one of these. :laugh:

pTRU1-20765730enh-z6.jpg

Plus, for some reason on most cars I don't even see much of the bonnet, if any at all. Must have to do with my triple monitor settings, but it's using all correct measurements so not sure why it makes my bonnets go away. Oh well, I wouldn't use that view anyway due to the location/angle of the camera.

Wasn't trying to nitpick or anything, just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

Triple screen shouldn't have any effect on the vertical positioning of the dashcam though. I can move it forward/backward but not up/down or left/right. I would think as far as vertical positioning my center 27" screen would look the same as yours. Just depends on how high/low your monitor is located as to how the vertical positioning will feel. When I get home I'll post a pic just so you know what I'm talking about (I'm not asking you to change it though).

Triple screen shouldn't have any effect on the vertical positioning of the dashcam though. I can move it forward/backward but not up/down or left/right. I would think as far as vertical positioning my center 27" screen would look the same as yours. Just depends on how high/low your monitor is located as to how the vertical positioning will feel. When I get home I'll post a pic just so you know what I'm talking about (I'm not asking you to change it though).

Brill thanks @Brandon Wright No promises through ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back