Ginetta G55 GT4 2017

Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 V1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Shaun. Thanks for answering. I don’t know a lot about the building of mods. But I know of some that only have LOD A for instance. So if I remove all but LOD A from this car I’m guessing that will solve what I’m seeing but at a FPS performance cost ?

Hi Shaun. Thanks for answering. I don’t know a lot about the building of mods. But I know of some that only have LOD A for instance. So if I remove all but LOD A from this car I’m guessing that will solve what I’m seeing but at a FPS performance cost ?
Right.
But without changing the data.acd the car will provide LOD issues while loading.

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 with a new update entry:

Total Update

I know, a long time coming but finally the update to the GT4 version of the Ginetta G55 that you all have been screaming for, and it's better than ever.

For people the that don't know, it's heavier and 50bhp more than the Supercup version, dual side exhaust (flames) and lower rear wing.

So what have I updated.
Suspension
Setup
Steering
Power
Brakes
Preview Pictures
Collider
Aerodynamics

I have also matched (better this time) this to the Porsche GT4 and Maserati GT4 so you can run them all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Car feels great to drive Shaun. Very stable, very progressive, very predictable and nicely balanced. Just did an eight lap spec race at Road America and it was a blast.
Any plans for a couple more LoDs? I had to trim the grid more than I thought I would to keep at a solid 45/ASW in the Rift.
Also, the side windows are rain-friendly but the windscreen isn't, so no raindrops show up on it. It'd be great if the wiper worked too for some winter races on British tracks. Any plans for this?
Thanks again, this is a really nice car. REALLY nice.

HI @Mascot Thank you for your comments. This "rain" via a mod / app, is so new to me, I would not even know where to start on it, and it's strange as you say, one windows work, the other doesn't.

It's not something I have looked in to (me it's all about the handling) but this seems to be a 3d issue. I can ask my moddler to look in to it of course, but this will effect all the cars I have worked on.

Sorry not the answer you was looking for I know, but hopefully and explanation as to the problem.

Shaun

HI @Mascot Thank you for your comments. This "rain" via a mod / app, is so new to me, I would not even know where to start on it, and it's strange as you say, one windows work, the other doesn't.

It's not something I have looked in to (me it's all about the handling) but this seems to be a 3d issue. I can ask my moddler to look in to it of course, but this will effect all the cars I have worked on.

Sorry not the answer you was looking for I know, but hopefully and explanation as to the problem.

Shaun
I think if the windscreen follows Kunos guidelines then rain should appear on it.
The animated wiper is *relatively* easy to implement for any competent 3D modeler, I believe. The shader discord is probably the place for advice.
Overcast British circuits in drizzle is Ginetta's natural habitat, don't you think..? ;)

I am pleased to say that I am working with a very good Sim driver who loves GT4 cars, helping me to near on perfectly match this to the Porsche and Maserati.

Hopefully a few tweaks here and there.

I thought I got it really close, but when your an alien driver, the Ginetta is miles quicker than the other two.

Watch this space

Shaun

but is the porsche cayman gt4 clubsport a GT4 spec car? The Maserati certainly is

Hay, I can only go on the information I am provided.
According to Porsche ( spoken to them about the Carrera cup (another conversation)) and Kunos says it is, so.....

The Kunos Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport is not the homologated GT4 car, but it's the base-car for the SRO homologated Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR. -->> link to SRO GT4 car page <<--

The update/conversion kit is delevoped by Manthey-Racing (MR). -->> link to the kit <<--

IIRC Aris or someone else from Kunos said at the release of the AC car, that the performance levels of both Porsche are very close to each other, despite the GT4 modifications.

And what are gt4 regulations regarding the use of abs and TC?
Should be allowed if the car is homologated with those systems. [source]
The new Mercedes-AMG GT4 does have race ABS and TC. [source]
But there might be different allowance rules for each GT4 series over the world. The Maserati GT4 don't have driving aids, as it was derrived from an cup car from the former Trofeo World Series.

And GT4 is a sole SRO product and it is not FIA regulated, but standards regarding safety, etc. are in-line with general FIA rules. The GT4 cars are approved by the SRO GT4 Bureau and then homologated by the Royal Automobile Club de Belgique (RACB).
AFAIK the GT4 cars have 'only' a national (beligan) homologation and no international (FIA) one.

They are allowed, oh that's the other difference between my supercup and this version. Supercup version has no TC or ABS
Hi Shaun, about TC/ABS, they do not work (not active) as "Factory" for me. So, I took a look at electronics.ini (sorry for that) and it's the same as SuperCup version (Present/Active=0).

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 with a new update entry:

GT4 Balanced

After some more testing, this is now balanced with the Porsche and Maserati GT4 cars.

What has changed:
Decreased the power
Increased the weight
Activated ABS
Activated TC

Ok this takes away the real details I have ( apart from the TC and ABS, that was my fault) but as I explained the SRO BOP this car differently at every track and this car is based on the British GT4 series.

I have tested this as Donington, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Monza and depending on the circuit, does depend on the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Shaun

Thanks for this mod and appreciate all the work you put in.

With your permission I would like to use the skin pack from here. There is a GT4 version of this for AMS, obviously the car is not yours but still is good fun to drive and I'm always looking to add a new series to AMS.

Please let me know and keep up the good work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%