Giancarlo Fisichella

Fisichella will be in the Ferrari for the rest of the season.

Giancarlo Fisichella will be the second Ferrari driver from the Italian Grand Prix after he was released from his contract by his Force India team on Thursday.
Following days of speculation about who would line up alongside Kimi Raikkonen now that Felipe Massa is out for the season, Force India confirmed that Fisichella would switch teams from the Italian Grand Prix.
The team said that discussions with Ferrari began in the last 24 hours, once it became clear that Massa was out for the season. Force India owner Dr Vijay Mallya said: "Giancarlo and his management team approached me yesterday with the proposal from Ferrari.
"For any Italian driver, a Ferrari race seat is a long-held dream and for Giancarlo it was no exception. No one should stand in the way of this. Furthermore the agreement will secure Giancarlo's long-term future with Ferrari and it would be incorrect to jeopardise this, particularly when Giancarlo has made such a vital contribution to Force India."
Force India is understood to have outstanding debts with Ferrari left over from its customer engine supply deal that ended last year - but Mallya said that commercial factors did not have a role in the outcome.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78280

Ferrari announcement at 3.30pm UK time today

http://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/3732959182

He won a race in 2006 Bram :p

Vijay says it doesn't have anything to do with outstanding debts over their engine deal, but that's bollocks, he'll have got a lot out of that :D

Oh wow two good results :) Why not sign Jarno Trulli too, or Tiago Monteiro, all exceptional talents that would do really well in a Ferrari :laugh:

Its all politics again :) Adrian Sutil kicks Fisi's bum 9/10 normally

They can't sign Trulli otherwise they would. So they got Fisi.

Fisi is a good driver, just spent to much time in the shadow of Alonso. You will see Fisi show Kimi up a bit I think as he's got the pace.

Fisichella will be in the Ferrari for the rest of the season.
confused.jpg

Liuzzi is the test driver i thought anyway

Also

1251990762.jpg
Giancarlo Fisichella says he cannot believe how his life has been transformed in the past week after being officially confirmed as a Ferrari driver for the remainder of 2009.
The Italian will race alongside Kimi Raikkonen for the rest of the season before becoming Ferrari's official reserve driver in 2010.

Reserve driver next year ouch

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 47 6.2%
  • < 5 years