Ghost car problem and starter activation

I am using a ghost car on the "Schottenring". Racer stops the Ghost after exactly 10minutes. Driving the track with slow speed needs around 12minutes, so the ghost just stops on the street. Is it possible to extend the ghost car timelimit?

The ghost restarts when the new lap starts. Is it possible to only let the ghost run in the first round?

Another topic. The car I am currently using needs to be started at the beginning. Can I somehow activate that the car starts on its own? Couldnt find the entry yet.

Thanks!

Hi,
i'm not sure if it's possible to run a ghost car without driving a lap before...
But if you have a recorded AI lap he should run so many laps like you want...you have to klick at quick race instead of free run...

For the starter you can assign a button or key in the controls menue or you can edit the car.ini with editor or equal...find the line like this in the engine section:

start_stalled=1

and change it to

start_stalled=0

so the car engine run already at race start...

Alex

Hi Alexander, thanks for that fast answer!

I already recorded that ghostcar lap. I drove the complete lap, but the ghost automatically stops after 10minutes.. Then as soon as I pass the finish line, the ghost reappears again. I guess racer doesnt record more than 10minutes.Which is only critical at LONG tracks like the schottenring. Or is there a specific entry in the ini that I need to change?

Is it possible to only run the ghost in the first lap and then prevent it from starting again?

Where you able to reproduce the problem?

I am nearly done testing and will start analyzing my data soon, so it might come too late for me, but it might help with further testing. Thank you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%