Ghetto G25 wheel button rigging using Simraceway controller?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
Has anyone tried using the middle part of the Simraceway to ghetto mod some buttons onto a G25, for example. I'm considering trying it because I don't want to spend about £500 on a Thrustmaster rig with the F1 wheel and can't really see any other options at the moment.

image2_large._V140829823_.jpg

It has every button and control I can think of on there. I'm pretty sure I could disassemble it, remove the handles and paddles and fit the button box onto the G25 wheel center. I think it's cabled, which can cause issues, but I'm pretty certain I could figure out a system that would stop the cable getting twisted all to hell, maybe lower the steering rotation max a little.

Another possibility would be to clap it to a panel on my driving rig so all the buttons would be accessible next to the wheel, but that wouldn't be as much fun. :D

I get these ideas sometimes - usually my wife just rolls her eyes at me - but a surprising number of them actually work. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Found two videos detailing three different ways of doing this - one of them very neat which turns it into a replacement G25 wheel, like the F1 wheel for the T500.

Last edited:
I've decided for this solution a long time ago, but when i choose my g25 as master controller, in f1 2013 for example, the led lights wont work... if i choose the s1 as master Controller the ffb wont work... if anybody has an idea, how to get my leds to work, i'd be happy...
I tried fanaleds, but finally my game crashes

Cheers, Ede

Upvote 0
okay. thats a little bit tricky for me to subscribe. my last english lesson is nearly 20years ago...

I want to steer the game f1 20.. with my g25, on which is mounted my srw-s1. so far so good. everything works fine. but i don't get these leds to work. i don't have an idea, how to make it...

i hope, now you can understand me.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%