PC1 GFX Card Which one for P-Cars?

Well the title says it all really I’m playing P-Cars atm and I have an

XFX R9 270X 2GB AMD gfx card and my PC spec is:-
CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-6 6300 Black Edition 3.50GHz @ 4.50GHz CPU
Motherboard: Asus 990FX Sabertooth AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel
Cooler: Raijintek Ereboss Black CPU Cooler

But I’m only getting around 30-40 fps with everything at medium settings and I would love to push my fps up to around 60+ so my question is what gfx card can I get that will do this budget is around the £200 mark.

Well the title says it all really I’m playing P-Cars atm and I have an

XFX R9 270X 2GB AMD gfx card and my PC spec is:-
CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-6 6300 Black Edition 3.50GHz @ 4.50GHz CPU
Motherboard: Asus 990FX Sabertooth AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel
Cooler: Raijintek Ereboss Black CPU Cooler

But I’m only getting around 30-40 fps with everything at medium settings and I would love to push my fps up to around 60+ so my question is what gfx card can I get that will do this budget is around the £200 mark.
If you can stretch another £50 then I would be looking at a GTX 970. It has the latest technology and will be ready for direct x12

I have a MSI GTX-970 Gaming which allows me to experience all weather conditions and average grid sizes with 60 to 70+ fps on average! All video settings are on Ultra except shadows and reflections on high plus grass on low. I use Anisotropic 16X, AA= DS2x, SMAA= low

I'am using a AMD Phenom 965 (overclocked to 3.8ghz) which is still bottlenecking a little so if you have a better processor you should have better results! Using a single 24 inch Samsung monitor (1920x1080p)

Last edited:
I have a MSI GTX-970 Gaming which allows me to experience all weather conditions and average grid sizes with 60 to 70+ fps on average! All video settings are on Ultra except shadows and reflections on high plus grass on low. I use Anisotropic 16X AA, AA= DS2x, SMAA= low

I'am only using a AMD Phenom 965 (overclocked to 3.8ghz) which is bottlenecking so if you have a better processor you should have better results! Using a single 24 inch Samsung monitor (1920x1080p)
Bottlenecking? I'm looking to get a 970 and I only have an I5 3.2Ghz

Your I5 should process a little better and definitely if you're able to overclock it.

Bottom line: I believe you will still be happy with the GTX-970's performance, even if your CPU does bottleneck a little.

Last edited:
I have a MSI GTX-970 Gaming which allows me to experience all weather conditions and average grid sizes with 60 to 70+ fps on average! All video settings are on Ultra except shadows and reflections on high plus grass on low. I use Anisotropic 16X, AA= DS2x, SMAA= low

I'am using a AMD Phenom 965 (overclocked to 3.8ghz) which is still bottlenecking a little so if you have a better processor you should have better results! Using a single 24 inch Samsung monitor (1920x1080p)

have the exact same card, and settings... just AA high Fxaa high. Reflections so not to be on high, looks great on low or med. My shadows are on high. On a i7 at 16gb

Jim I am in the process of fitting a 970 coupled with i5 I will let you know how I get on. Got a G sync monitor coming as well so hopefully that will be a big benefit coupled with the 970.
Cheers Paul, I've checked it out on pcspec and my pc will be fine. I thought you were getting married? What have you done, sold all your wedding pressies to buy new pc stuff lolololol

Cheers Paul, I've checked it out on pcspec and my pc will be fine. I thought you were getting married? What have you done, sold all your wedding pressies to buy new pc stuff lolololol
It surprising how much a deep fat fryer can make on ebay ;).

Without going into my personal finances too much we had 18 months of austerity and Greek style cuts to budget, the financial shackel's are now off so it's time for Lazarou to go nuts for a bit with a bit of massaging of the figures for the wife's benefit.

The stars have alligned today my monitor has arrived and my PC builder has just finished so it will be game on when I get home later.

Just FYI, I needed a new PSU and the main thing was I needed a bigger case to fit the sucker in.

@jimortality

Alright Jim & Oops the original OP. Got my new GFX card and monitor installed and I am suitably impressed, the G Sync is a bit a game a game changer in terms of GFX issues. I will post the settings when I get round to it, unsurprisingly I was a bit all over the place messing with settings etc. With the ASUS card there is quite a bit of headroom to OC it so of course that is what I have done. See the results below.

Asus strix 970 OC'd
i5 3570K OC'd to 4.1 Ghz
16 GB Ram
Acer XB270HA 27'' Monitor

PCARS Video http://www.racedepartment.com/media...us-strix-gtx970-testing-g-sync-monitor.10240/

Witcher 3 video with settings.

@jimortality

Alright Jim & Oops the original OP. Got my new GFX card and monitor installed and I am suitably impressed, the G Sync is a bit a game a game changer in terms of GFX issues. I will post the settings when I get round to it, unsurprisingly I was a bit all over the place messing with settings etc. With the ASUS card there is quite a bit of headroom to OC it so of course that is what I have done. See the results below.

Asus strix 970 OC'd
i5 3570K OC'd to 4.1 Ghz
16 GB Ram
Acer XB270HA 27'' Monitor

PCARS Video http://www.racedepartment.com/media...us-strix-gtx970-testing-g-sync-monitor.10240/

Witcher 3 video with settings.
Looking Good mate, just need a decent wheel now lol

I've just upgraded from a Radeon R9 270 to an Asus Strix GTX 970. Had to get a new psu as well but it's running fantastic. On the nvidia Geforce Experience optimised settings I'm getting 85 - 100fps at 1080p. Well worth the upgrade!
I also upgraded my wheel from a dfgt to a G27 and the new wheel is fantastic as well :)
Btw, I'm running with a haswell i5, 4670k 3.2ghz overclocked to 4.2ghz :)
Happy days :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing