Getting started in on-line racing?

Hi,
just after some information about where I can find some casual on-line racing that's reasonably fair i.e. the drivers don't deliberately ram you off the track and are reasonably tolerant of slower drivers. I'm 50 and have been driving in real life since I was 15 and haven't crashed too many times! Never done any real racing but would like to do some on-line. I'm not particularly fast and my sons beat the hell out of me!

Hi,
just after some information about where I can find some casual on-line racing that's reasonably fair i.e. the drivers don't deliberately ram you off the track and are reasonably tolerant of slower drivers. I'm 50 and have been driving in real life since I was 15 and haven't crashed too many times! Never done any real racing but would like to do some on-line. I'm not particularly fast and my sons beat the hell out of me!

... and I'm nearly 70 with the very same resume that you have. You've come to the right place.

Racedepartment is all about FUN gentleman's club racing. Could I suggest that you read THIS article about RaceDepartment's Assetto Corsa Drivers Academy. Not for "advanced drivers", this class will teach you everything you need to know to get started racing here at RaceDepartment.

If I may quote myself from a similar thread.
This is exactly what club races are for, if I may quote from our founders post in the club rules section (linked in the op of every event)
"Club events are for casual racing only. It's not about the winning or losing but about having a good driving experience. This is the perfect environment for your daily races as there is no pressure involved. Fun is King."
Every club shares that ethos, fast guys share tips and setups, they want busy grids so wish to encourage people to sign up.
There tends to be a variety of paces and skills so you find someone to race against, join in the TS banter and enjoy the experience. Most of the clubs have at least one weekly event using slower easier handling cars that's a good place to start so jump in, you won't regret it:D

Thanks for the replys. I'd better become a premium member and do some racing! I forgot to mention that I'm in the east of Australia so it on-line racing that's suitable for the US and Europe could mean I'm up till the small hours... I guess there are club leagues for Aussie too since there are so many rev-heads over here?

Cheers
Larry

Thanks for the replys. I'd better become a premium member and do some racing! I forgot to mention that I'm in the east of Australia so it on-line racing that's suitable for the US and Europe could mean I'm up till the small hours... I guess there are club leagues for Aussie too since there are so many rev-heads over here?

Cheers
Larry
First let me welcome you to RD. It's a great place with a bunch of people that help out in so many ways and are fun to be around. You can always get your start by clicking this link and checking it out. If it fits your schedule and you become a premium member, we would love to have you. The Academy's run every other Monday.

Like Ted Duncan Jr said, it's not for advanced drivers so to speak, but it will give you a little insight to how we work on a setup with a car and we will show you some driving and racing tips that will help you get to grips with online racing a little quicker plus you'll be ready for Tuesday nights Social Event :) Don't worry about skill level. It will come. Hope to see you sometime soon;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%