Getting penalised for passing a car that has pitted under a double yellow

Hey Guys,

In our league we are currently running a safety car under double yellows. The problem we had last night was that when one of the cars pitted, the cars following him, that didn't pit, were penalised for passing him during the safety car lap. I've done a fair amount of searching and can't seem to find a combination of settings in the series file that would fix this problem. I also found the adjustfrozenorder command in the .PLR file, but am not sure whether this would account for cars pitting as they are not setting off a local yellow.

So two questions:

1. Is it at all possible to completely disable freezing the order of the field during a double yellow?

or

2. Does anyone know of a combination of settings that would overcome this issue?

To elaborate on this, please forgive me as it was a rather confusing situation, this is the series of events as posted by one of our league members:

1. Someone spins

2. Yellow is triggered (leader is about halfway around the track)

3. Cars closest to the pit lane pit.

4. Leader enters the pits (and triggers the safety car to leave)

5. Safety car comes out in front of the people who pit immediately which allows the leader to catch up to them.

6. Cars that pit after the leader catch up as the safety car comes in. Order is wrong at this point and people have penalties.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back