Getting everything out of my new O+ in AC VR

Recently I was extremely lucky to buy a 1 month old 2nd hand O+ for only €400 in EU. As a first hour Assetto Corsa fan i'm having an absolute blast in VR together with my G27 playseat setup. Being able to experience this masterpiece of simulation in VR opened up a whole new world for me and I can confidently advice VR to anyone out there considering. It's a game changer.

For now my pc build is not strong enough to show Odyssey + max capabilities. My goal for now is to upgrade my GPU and maybe even CPU if needed to get Ultra settings displaying at 90hz on the O+ preferably with SOL Postprocessing.
Currently i'm using AMD R9 380 with I5 6500 and due to lack of 2.0 HDMI support of R9 380 I can only display 60hz max. Besides I run no postprocessing and most of my video settings are set to low/medium to get 60hz which is playable.

Is there anyone using O+ with AC running maxed out on Ultra settings 90hz? Could you share your type of GPU/CPU or give me advice on what to upgrade? I'm looking into RTX 2070 to do the job. Would this be enough or do I need a 2080? Is a new CPU necessary or could my I6500 do it together with a new GPU? Any shared experiences or advice would be helpful!

https://imgur.com/a/d5hBQKi
d5hBQKi

• Deleted member 197115

It's pretty crappy, don't have Rift to compare but if it's even worse, I feel really sorry for Rift users.
The biggest problem is reprojection negative impact. on performance, looks like some bug creeped in in the latest release and turning it off is the only solution at the moment.

It's pretty crappy, don't have Rift to compare but if it's even worse, I feel really sorry for Rift users.
The biggest problem is reprojection negative impact. on performance, looks like some bug creeped in in the latest release and turning it off is the only solution at the moment.
I dont know how you can disagree with something without having references. I have references. The rift is riddled with artifacts that impact the experience. The O+ artifacts are almost invisible. I dont noticed them, and I recommend it if playing with ASW is the user only solution.

• Deleted member 197115

There is a substantial jump in image quality between running 90 fps and in reprojection.
I wouldn't call current implementation "pretty good", last resort perhaps.
Plus with it on auto I drop into reprojection in situations when I can sail smoothly at stable 90 fps otherwise.
They need to fix that and address associated with reprojection image blurriness.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back