Getting back into rFactor (HistorX)

SBAus

1RPM
Aug 23, 2019
G'day all,

It's been a long time since I've been part of any type of Sim racing. A good few years ago (2009?) I had rfactor and the histroX mod and raced with a group of people on Wednesday evenings (From the Australian side of the Datsun Z club)
Loved pushing the Mini and Cortina around. I had a terrible setup with a late 90's joystick and keyboard, but had a blast every single race. Highest I placed was 4th and it felt GREAT.
I've since moved OS, (USA, DC) and after a long while, built up a half decent PC to edit the odd photo/video and play the odd game.
I downloaded F12017 (Steam) sometime back in early 2018 and played it a few times. Nothing online, and lately I've been wanting to get back into something a little more social and fun and the joy of fine tuning a basic car setup and being consistent.
Have a very basic G27 wheel and pedal setup and will probably upgrade down the road if I'm using it more.

Looking to get back into a semi regular league and need some help getting it all downloaded and setup again. Would greatly appreciate your input and pointing me in the right direction!

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff member
Premium
Jun 18, 2013
Hi. HistorX is still a great mod.
Download link HERE.
Any questions, fire away. :)

Denis Betty

Staff member
Premium
Jun 18, 2013
Cheers mate. I think I need rFactor first don't I?
Yes, you do. Do you already own a copy?
If not, it's fairly expensive on Steam. May be worth waiting for a sale.

SBAus

1RPM
Aug 23, 2019
Yes, you do. Do you already own a copy?
If not, it's fairly expensive on Steam. May be worth waiting for a sale.
Don't have a copy yet. It's $24.99USD on steam at the moment.
Do you know if its available anywhere else?

Denis Betty

Staff member
Premium
Jun 18, 2013
It migrated to Steam a few years back. I think it's Steam only now. Short of searching iffy sites for discounted Steam codes, I think you either have to stump up full price, or wait for a sale. Looks like a Steam sale is due in October.

SBAus

1RPM
Aug 23, 2019
Cheers mate.
I'll do a little more looking around. want to make sure I know what I'm doing when it comes time to purchase / Mod / downloading the right tracks and cars etc. Also keen on getting into a fairly regular starter series if there still is such a thing? any help pointing me in the right direction would be great!

Denis Betty

Staff member
Premium
Jun 18, 2013
Tracks are still available on rFactor central, but there are lists of links on this forum too. There are a few friendly leagues still using the mod in Europe, but only a few. at least one has a facebook page.
We usually try to get a weekly club event going here at RD in the winter months. I may give it a try at the end of September.
Really though, if you need any help setting up the mod or any questions, there are guys here who can help.