Getting back into GTR2 - couple of questions

Hello!
As nogrip is down, finding old guides and stuff got more difficult, so I am reaching out with couple of basic questions:

* How to allow setting AI strength below 100%?
* How can I match steering wheel rotation to in game animation?

I remember I was able to do both of those things years ago, but I couldn't find answers now :) Cheers!

Hello ;)

I have the answer for the 1st question:
In Realism Options you have 3 choices:
- Simulation: min. AI strength is 100%
- Pro: this minimum is possible starting from 90%
- Novice: possible starting from 80%

Sorry for the second question as I never show the virtual wheel in game.

We'll let @GTR233 answer personally to that question .... as I'm nearly as confused as you are about that.
There's surely a difference between both .... and I just feel this difference might mainly be the HQ cars for the Anniversary Patch ( not included in the HQ Mods Collection ) but in this case I cannot understand that there's no big difference in Mo for both downloads. :D

HQ MODS COLLECTION is "only" a dds textures pack in higher resolution than default (mainly x4) with also 4k skies/sparco gloves-suits. There are no system files, it is safe to use it either with GTR2 or with PnG3. No Simbin patch, no nocd, no 4gb patch no HQ CARS.

HQ Anniversary is a lot more complex with many patches and system files updated : includes most HQ textures from HQ MODS COLLECTION (skies are in 2k because 4k version gives stuttering with low configs) + official SimBin patch 1.1+ nocd+4gb patch+ HQ CARS with all the fixes and updates I put in along the 5 years of work.
The idea is to first install GTR2 HQ anniversary patch then you can modify options with HQ MODS COLLECTION : by example there is only 1 hud in HQ PATCH (I chosen one arbitrary) whereas you have 14 different skins in 10 langs (140!) in the COLLECTION.

Last edited:
HQ MODS COLLECTION is "only" a dds textures pack in higher resolution than default (mainly x4) with also 4k skies/sparco gloves-suits. There are no system files, it is safe to use it either with GTR2 or with PnG3. No Simbin patch, no nocd, no 4gb patch no HQ CARS.

HQ Anniversary is a lot more complex with many patches and system files updated : includes most HQ textures from HQ MODS COLLECTION (skies are in 2k because 4k version gives stuttering with low configs) + official SimBin patch 1.1+ nocd+4gb patch+ HQ CARS with all the fixes and updates I put in along the 5 years of work.
The idea is to first install GTR2 HQ anniversary patch then you can modify options with HQ MODS COLLECTION : by example there is only 1 hud in HQ PATCH (I chosen one arbitrary) whereas you have 14 different skins in 10 langs (140!) in the COLLECTION.
Thanks. Could please clarify what are all those d3d9.dll's in the Annyversary patch?

Do not get your hopes up high, but I am looking into adding Crew Chief support to GTR2 (very, very distant chance of that really), and I wanted to create d3d9 plugin for it. But I see that there are many plugins using that already, and I am trying to understand how would I chain my plugin with other plugins.

Edit: I think I see how it works. Enbseries can be used to host other .dlls without running actual effects, mapplugin also allows chaining into xd.

Last edited:
And a few more questions: is player.plr from annyversary patch useful for anything? I found nothing in readme.

And, is there a way to set window position for GTR2 in Windowed mode?

BTW, Annyversary pack is absolutely great - thanks GTR233 and Friends. Interestingly i get much higher framerate using same settings, curious why.

Last edited:
Do not get your hopes up high, but I am looking into adding Crew Chief support to GTR2 (very, very distant chance of that really),

I already noticed I knew your nickname ... now I know from where ! ;)
Of course that's Crew Chief forum.

It's been a rather long time I'm hoping to see CC in GTR2 .... maybe that's not too far from RF1. I guess that's a really hard work ... but GTR2 really misses CC when we're already using it in all other newer sims.

D3D9.dll might in fact be the real problem. XD and Map Plugin already need it ... but ENBSeries might be surely replaced by something else so that the trick to use this ENB might be used for CC in place.

NB: for higher framerates .... using Process Lasso or Bill2's Process Manager does help a lot in that meaning too. ( And I think they are not included in those patches. )

I already noticed I knew your nickname ... now I know from where ! ;)
Of course that's Crew Chief forum.

It's been a rather long time I'm hoping to see CC in GTR2 .... maybe that's not too far from RF1. I guess that's a really hard work ... but GTR2 really misses CC when we're already using it in all other newer sims.

D3D9.dll might in fact be the real problem. XD and Map Plugin already need it ... but ENBSeries might be surely replaced by something else so that the trick to use this ENB might be used for CC in place.

NB: for higher framerates .... using Process Lasso or Bill2's Process Manager does help a lot in that meaning too. ( And I think they are not included in those patches. )
so my issue for the last several years was that GTR2 was not working well in VR. However, with new tools I am getting pretty decent experience. I am not a fan of a direction modern sims are heading in and going back to GTR2 is more and more attractive to me.

That said, adding rF2 support and RBR support was easy - data was available (most of it). With GTR2 I need to actually extract data out of the game and CC needs a lot of data to deliver quality integration (I won't settle for anything lower than rF2 level of integration), and I am not that smart, but my determination grows by the minute. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I figured out dll story, but that's drop in a bucket compared how much there's to do to light up CC.

Last edited:
Is GTR2 so far from RFactor 1 in this meaning ? do data also need to be extracted ?

I already read CC might be used in RF1 ... but never tried as I rarely drove RF1 in the past and there's enough to drive nowadays .... and I was really more a GTR2 driver than a RF1 one.

For tracks and cars .... adapting cars from RF1 to GTR2 is not really hard ... now surely the technical part of both RF1 and GTR2 might be very different.... I don't know much about that and will surely never be interested in it. :D

Is GTR2 so far from RFactor 1 in this meaning ? do data also need to be extracted ?

I already read CC might be used in RF1 ... but never tried as I rarely drove RF1 in the past and there's enough to drive nowadays .... and I was really more a GTR2 driver than a RF1 one.

For tracks and cars .... adapting cars from RF1 to GTR2 is not really hard ... now surely the technical part of both RF1 and GTR2 might be very different.... I don't know much about that and will surely never be interested in it. :D
rf1 has plugin model, GTR2 does not. It might be similar inside, but very different from tools' perspective.

Last edited:
Do not get your hopes up high, but I am looking into adding Crew Chief support to GTR2 (very, very distant chance of that really), and I wanted to create d3d9 plugin for it. But I see that there are many plugins using that already, and I am trying to understand how would I chain my plugin with other plugins.

That sound great!
let us know if we can help with looking for entries with cheat engine as i know that is very time consuming!

The only d3d9.dll that I would be missed are XD!
But I would gladly give that one up for CC.

That sound great!
let us know if we can help with looking for entries with cheat engine as i know that is very time consuming!

The only d3d9.dll that I would be missed are XD!
But I would gladly give that one up for CC.
Wow - now that's awesome Bjarne. I need offsets.

Do not worry, if we get enough data to feed rich experience (I won't settle for less than rF2 level), I know a way to keep XD alive, but no promises as supporting multiple exe's is extra work and sorry, I do not use any HUDs, only CC. I'll ping you privately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back