Getting a new system for rfactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wanted rfactor for a while but my system wouldn't support it. Now I have the extra money and I am getting a system that is just above the runs best with recomendations that is on the website. I have a few questions about rfactor that I would like to know.

When is the possible release date for rfactor 2?

When rfactor 2 does come out do you think moders will still make mods for the original rfactor?

If they won't would the requirements for 2 be similar to the original?

In rfactor do all the cars work on all the tracks? Such as can I run a F1 car on the indy oval? Or a legend car at daytona or spa? Or is it that only certain mods work on certain tracks?

I am really looking forward to playing this game. I have only heard great things about it. I just want to know whether I need to make sure I get an updated system in prep for rfactor 2 or if what I am currently getting might work.

• Kyle Evers

I would assume rFactor 2 shouldn't be much harder on your system than rF1. rFactor 1 is very easy on my system. I say if you have about $500 and spend it the right way, you could have a system like mine that runs the game at max settings, anyway from 60 to 250 frames per second.

Also to answer your other question: You can use any car with any track.

I would assume rFactor 2 shouldn't be much harder on your system than rF1. rFactor 1 is very easy on my system. I say if you have about $500 and spend it the right way, you could have a system like mine that runs the game at max settings, anyway from 60 to 250 frames per second.

Also to answer your other question: You can use any car with any track.
Wow thanks for the quick reply. I am making a custom pc I will post the specs on what I am looking at and tomorrow maybe ya'll can compare what I am getting to what you guys use. If RF2 has similar specs to RF1 then I will go ahead and get RF1 and get RF2 when it comes out.

Posted in the other thread but I'll put this here too. If it is a problem mods please delete.

Building a new PC so I can play rfactor and I am curious if you guys think this will be enough to possibly run rfactor 2?

HD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

Memory: CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

ASUS P5QL PRO LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

MSI N9400GT-MD512H GeForce 9400 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card

RAIDMAX Mustang ATX-889WUP Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply

I am thinking I might need a stronger power supply and a better video card to make sure it is up to whatever Rfactor 2 comes out with. What do you guys think? Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%