F1 2012 Get rid of too much annoying wind sounds big in cockpit-cam view.

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
If, like me, the annoying wind sounds in sim-like racing irks you to the nth degree, do the following if you're on a PC version (dunno if Apple is the same):

Open Windows Explorer, go to your f1 2012 installed folder, open it, then open the Audio folder, then the soundbanks folder. Inside that folder, you should see a file named aero.bnk (or just aero if your Windows setup is not configured to show filename extentions).

Select that awful file and press Delete, or right-click on it and select Delete then click OK to send it to the Recycle Bin...

That's all.

Hey, I just found a way to also get rid of that other annoying DRS un-realistic wind sound (who in their right mind would hear a windy whisper while wearing a modern-day helmet and driving an open-wheel car just in front of a 1000-dB emitting engine??? One that can be clearly heard by everyone standing anywhere within a 10-mile++ distance???) LOL.

These incompetent game-designers must be absolutely crazy... it's the only reasonable explanation.

Anyway, just delete the mech_common.bnk file along with the aero.bnk file mentioned upthread and that's it.

Edit: BTW, to drive a silent engine just for the fun of it for a while, you can send the persistent.bnk file to the recycle bin (so you'll be able to restore it when you'll have had enough of that creepy feeling of floating in deep space ;) )

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years