Get in here and critique my lap!

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
One of the things I have found really helpful is having people critique my lap and make suggestions about where I am going wrong.

I think it would help to have a simracing technique subforum, but besides that, how about a thread where people can post a video of a lap they have done and have other members critique it and provide constructive comments on how they can improve?

I would suggest the following ground rules:

1. Videos must show pedal inputs to be of any value
  2. No more than one lap per video.
  3. Chase or cockpit camera (I suppose people could post one video from each camera
  4. No more than one lap per post
  5. People can optionally post motec files if they want to
Does anyone else have a view about whether this would be useful?

I really like the idea. When I was able to race on-line with the other members, we did something similar pre-race for a few events, which helped because it was fresh in everyones mind. @RasmusP also did a fair bit of motec analysis which was very insightful. Personally, I found it really helpful, not just from the advice, but also taking the time to record the video gave you another perspective on your own driving and I often noticed faults even prior to posting the video

I really like the idea. When I was able to race on-line with the other members, we did something similar pre-race for a few events, which helped because it was fresh in everyones mind. @RasmusP also did a fair bit of motec analysis which was very insightful. Personally, I found it really helpful, not just from the advice, but also taking the time to record the video gave you another perspective on your own driving and I often noticed faults even prior to posting the video

Glad it isn't just me @GeekyDeaks ! I have found Z1 Analyser really helpful too, and I would really recommend anyone invests in it. The free version gives you 15 mins of telemetry to play with too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%