Germanwings 4U 9525

Guys !!! This is a sad news, the Germanwings flight 4U 9525 form Barcelona to Dusseldorf suffered an accident over the French Alps.
Here is Germanwings's facebook page wrote:
"
UPDATE: Wir müssen leider bestätigen, dass Flug 4U9525 auf dem Flug von Barcelona nach Düsseldorf über den französischen Alpen verunglückt ist. Es handelt sich um ein Flugzeug vom Typ A320. An Bord waren 144 Passagiere und 6 Crew-Mitglieder.
Lufthansa und Germanwings haben eine Telefon-Hotline geschaltet: Unter der kostenfreien Telefonnummer 0800 11 33 55 77 können sich Angehörige von Fluggästen melden und werden dort betreut.
Alle Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter der Germanwings und der Lufthansa sind in tiefer Betroffenheit mit ihren Gedanken und Gebeten bei den Angehörigen und Freunden der Passagiere und Besatzungsmitglieder.

UPDATE: We must confirm to our deepest regret that Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 from Barcelona to Dusseldorf has suffered an accident over the French Alps. The flight was being operated with an Airbus A320 aircraft, and was carrying 144 passengers and six crew members.
Lufthansa and Germanwings have established a telephone hotline. The toll-free 0800 11 33 55 77 number is available to all the families of the passengers involved for care and assistance.
Everyone at Germanwings and Lufthansa is deeply shocked and saddened by these events. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the passengers and crew members."

:(
11048618_10153754192196416_1102926708682982146_o.png

Might be time for some new rules for pilot-training, maintenance of the planes, and workloads now. The business is getting ever more marginal, and those costs needs to be saved somewhere. A little bending of the rules here and there, makes that possible.

Few minutes ago i heard that two people i know died that day... Their two young kids were in Germany and are alone now...

:(

What a tragedy.......

My thoughts are with everyone involved in that accident!

I just read this on the airline's Facebook page too:
"The shocking statements of the French authorities are not aware recently, where it is reported that the co-pilot deliberately to brought the aircraft to crash. Our thoughts and prayers are still with all relatives and friends of the victims."

After this, I think all of the airlines in the world must set a news rule: Before every flights, every pilot and flight attendants must have their mantal checked

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a big big tragedy.
My thoughts are with loved ones, relatives and friends of all those who have perished.

After this, I think all of the airlines in the world must set a news rule: Before every flights, every pilot and flight attendants must have their mantal checked

As a professional airline pilot myself, I can see how this would be an initial reaction of people who are shocked, but it would be an over-reaction and an unworkable situation. Imagine you would have to take such a test every single day yourself prior to starting your work day? And how would you create such a test that can taken every day and still remain reliable in the first place?

No, the fact is that everywhere people are involved there is this thing called the Human factor.
And fact is that tests remain a momentary evaluation, firstly, and secondly people with mental issues are experts at 'playing the system' taking advantage of gaps in tests, rules and procedures.
There is constant work to mitigate risks, especially in aviation. Be it technical or psychological, but there just isn't anything you can do against some nutjob tripping all of a sudden.
And such a 'daily mental check' will not change this and will only add cost, frustration and diminishing feeling of joy at their work for those affected.

It will be interesting to see reports about the co-pilot's life and well being as I suspect it is here we will find a story of drama.

And that is where we should focus: creating a world where we can aid those in mental need. Looking for signals that there might be something wrong in one's life.
Not create a false sense of safety by yet more rules and procedures.

Which i think is reall
My thoughts are with loved ones, relatives and friends of all those who have perished.

As a professional airline pilot myself, I can see how this would be an initial reaction of people who are shocked, but it would be an over-reaction and an unworkable situation. Imagine you would have to take such a test every single day yourself prior to starting your work day? And how would you create such a test that can taken every day and still remain reliable in the first place?

No, the fact is that everywhere people are involved there is this thing called the Human factor.
And fact is that tests remain a momentary evaluation, firstly, and secondly people with mental issues are experts at 'playing the system' taking advantage of gaps in tests, rules and procedures.
There is constant work to mitigate risks, especially in aviation. Be it technical or psychological, but there just isn't anything you can do against some nutjob tripping all of a sudden.
And such a 'daily mental check' will not change this and will only add cost, frustration and diminishing feeling of joy at their work for those affected.

It will be interesting to see reports about the co-pilot's life and well being as I suspect it is here we will find a story of drama.

And that is where we should focus: creating a world where we can aid those in mental need. Looking for signals that there might be something wrong in one's life.
Well said, totally agree.

Well, totally agree

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing