Gentleman rule for cutting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget it, it's becoming too big of a deal now. Just trying to bring something up that can improve the racing and fairness (though you will slam me on that one saying it is fair as it is in the rules...).

PS: I'm not mad or anything, just can't see why it is so difficult to just agree on.

Forget it, it's becoming too big of a deal now. Just trying to bring something up that can improve the racing and fairness (though you will slam me on that one saying it is fair as it is in the rules...).

PS: I'm not mad or anything, just can't see why it is so difficult to just agree on.

No andreas it isn't a big deal at all. I do understand your point. Its just that it need to be clear what may and what may not.

I am not saying your wrong Andreas, just it will make things so complicated, because a gentlemens rule wont work, its either a rule or its not...and if its a rule then its alot more work for STC.

If its gentlemens then its all open for discussion everytime, and people will start to argue and it wont be very nice.

Rules are Rules and we all follow them.

You could tweak the add on tracks to not allow cutting so much, but with that, it punishes innocent driver's who could be in a racing incident and have either been pushed wide to cut or had to cut to avoid a stationary or car to slow on the track for example.

There's allot to think about when it comes to this. Personally I saw nothing at all wrong on the broadcast it looked fine, and you will see in real life they are allot worse when it comes to running wide or cutting the chicane if they can. Not saying that it's a good thing but that's racing, if everyone knows whats allowed and whats not and follows the rule book then everything is fine.

Then you need rules like 2 tyres inside the white line or something like that. And then it starts to get difficult as someone needs to check.

I fully agree with your intent Andreas, however, we've been here before, and other than putting a lot of workload at the feet of the team captains, there's nothing one can do. that's why we said, the game decides. I agree, the add on tracks can be a pain in that respect.

• Fredrik Tackman

In the leagues ive been in it have had cuttingrules, this discussion always have taken a lot of energy and time from a lot of people (especially from admins).

I can fully understand Andreas,but there will always be people who will say that "I dont think i cut there" "if I did it was a mistake".

As the others already mentioned the workload to police this is huge and take away valuable time from doing the league even better.

The work load means 90 minutes per car racing, a lot.

So we should keep it as it is now. Fo next season we will try to improve the checkpoints customizing the circuits if needed.

I have very easy solution, if someone is hurt by someone's cut he can officially report it like an accident to the race directors and they will judge if person who cut is guilty or not.

Checking each driver is useless in my opinion and take to much time.

I noticed the cutting as well, but almost everybody did it, even going over the grass in the first part of the last chicane. In most laps I lost 0,5 seconds in the final corner and the straight that follows.
I don't say I didn't do it also a few times in last race, but I tried to avoid it, but a lot of drivers did it every lap. I hope in the future it will be made clear if it is allowed or not BEFORE the race.

As a general rule i think letting the game sort out the warnings/S&G caused by cutting is the only way to go. The tracks should be corrected if they have obvious flaws in them. I opens up the possibility for ex 1st-lap-Monza-Variante-situations with 5 drivers getting a warning when they just simply avoid accidents. That's the obvious drawback but the alternative is to have 15 car grid with 10 marshalls around the track monitoring the situations for the full length of qualy/race..

With smaller crowd the gentleman rule can be applied but with so many drivers it is simply not possible and i mean as a whole RD not just in STC.

Anyway i think that the tracks should be built so that the quickest way to make a lap is by following the white lines. If that means a lot of tire walls in the chicanes, so be it.

We have agreed inside the team, even before STC 1, that we don't cut, whatever other teams do.
So basically every team can decide to do the same, and when there are examples of excessive cutting it is easy to penalize people.
This whole issue is getting out of hand because nobody wants to do compromises.
@Andreas, just make your own rule not to cut and feel free :) No cut-warning stress feels awesome :)

I agree with Bram, it is up to everyone to cut or not cut, bur rules at STC are clear, the limit is where the own sim set it. It is normal to be in the limit when you are really competitive.

I hope in the future it will be made clear if it is allowed or not BEFORE the race.

Peter it was clear on rules at STC site. HERE

IV. Cutting rules are simulator cutting rules. No discussion or need to review If you get a Stop & Go because you risked too much, you know where the limit is. Be a gentleman and respect the limits you know are right.
For future seassons we wil try to improve the add on tracks, asking mod experts to put the checkpoints in the correct place. I think it will be enough to grant a fair competition.

yeah there was cutting in the video, but when you say 2 wheels in between teh white lines, you will have lots of arguments, which would be bad for STC.

I prefer how the rules are now and they shouldn't be changed at all, But getting the tracks changed so you can't do a blatent cut would be a very good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%