Generate a LUT for Thrustmaster TS-PC?

I had been using a Look-Up Table (LUT) for generating the FFB on my Logi G29 in AC (and perhaps a few other sims - I can't remember exactly).

I just switched to a Thrustmaster TS-PC and am wondering whether there's a way to generate a LUT for it as well? If so - where can I find the procedure and in which sims can it be used?

Thanks!

I saw some conclusive proof that actually the TS-PC and T300 wheels are actually quite linear in their force production. They don't require a LUT. More than that the highly skewed lighter and the LUT that is generated is widely inaccurate. Now you might prefer the LUT feedback but it isn't what the game is intending to put out.

The guy who tested this used a broom handle against a scale and the wheelcheck program and then confirmed force applied versus force being generated and concluded they are the same, there is no big gap between the two. The big difference in wheelcheck is a failure of method to account for the slower motor speed of the Thrustmaster wheels combined with the friction, these two physical issues are present in a way they aren't on the Fanatec and it is this design choice that makes the Thrustmaster bases not travel linear distances for a given input force. But you don't use it like that, you resist against the force with your hands to feel it so the linear resistance and maximum motor spin speed are almost irrelevant to your usage.

So I think a LUT is the wrong way to go about this, tweak the FFB in other ways within the game or maybe Thrustmaster control panel.

Upvote 0
Thanks for both of your responses, guys!

Interesting argument (which I don't fully understand) about NOT using a LUT for the TM wheels. I may generate one just to try anyway. (It shouldn't hurt anything, right?) I can always go back to non-LUT, if I don't like the results.

Upvote 0
Just for AC. And as a TS-PC user (and T500RS user before that) I personally don't think a FFB LUT is necessary (or desirable) for this wheel, which already feels quite linear out of the box.

Upvote 0
The standard advice is that a LUT isn’t required for belt-driven wheels. In a recent thread on the official Kunos forum recently, someone tried one with his T300 and said it was much better without.

Upvote 0
Hey Bert, I also use a TS-PC Racer and I will echo what others here have said: I don't think you really need a LUT for a TS-PC Racer. No harm in trying it if you want though.

For Assetto Corsa I would recommend the settings one of the Kunos devs gives with this thread on the Kunos forums (you will have to have an account to see the thread):

If you have any issues maybe before one of the US AC events we could jump on to TeamSpeak early and see if we can get it going for you.

Upvote 0
I'll take the consensus's word on this and won't bother with the LUT. The wheel does feel pretty good (to my inexperienced hands) as is anyway.

Thanks, Guys!

Colin, if/when I get back onto a US AC event, I'll check in on you. (There haven't been any Wednesday nighters lately though...)

I've been racing rF2 instead lately.

Upvote 0
I'll take the consensus's word on this and won't bother with the LUT. The wheel does feel pretty good (to my inexperienced hands) as is anyway.

Thanks, Guys!

Colin, if/when I get back onto a US AC event, I'll check in on you. (There haven't been any Wednesday nighters lately though...)

I've been racing rF2 instead lately.

Yeah, I have been running an off-site series so I haven't been running the few Wednesday events there have been myself. It looks like Scott just posted a new one for next Wednesday though!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years