GeneRally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even if you make a official site (which is good), I don't see the point in leave a big community where people can get to know GeneRally than to go to an independent forum.

RD is free, you just can say that 70 guys to come here, not a big deal :)

Juan's GeneRally Tools

Juan's GeneRally Tools

Car Editor v0.9.2
CarEditor1.gif

CarEditor2.gif

Download (85 KB)

Options v1.02
Options1.gif

Options2.gif

Download (91 KB)

Track Tool v1.02
TrackTool1.gif

TrackTool2.gif

Download (89 KB)

Savegame Reader v1.01
SavegameReader1.gif

SavegameReader2.gif

Download (78 KB)

Track Conversion Tool
Download (9 KB)

Links to trackmakers' websites

Well, now this sub forum is open, let's do an useful thing, so here's links to several trackmakers websites where you can find tracks, and sometimes, other stuff.

Track of Month

First of all, if you don't know yet, you should visit the ToM website as you'll be able to find the ToM packs, basically, ToM stands for Track of Month and is a contest that was organized in RSC to elect the best tracks of the month, there is also an official competition using these tracks.

Link : http://tom.rscsites.org/index.php

Joint Effort Tracks

In this website, you'll find all the "JE" tracks made in RSC, the Joint Effort Tracks were tracks made by several people (in the original one, this one, that was 9), each people making one part of the track.

Link : Joint Effort Tracks

Websites

Here is the different websites I can remember, most of them are coming from my website (links section), all links were tested and works at the time I'm writing this thread.

Bragi
dzz
Egamad
Genetleman
Gnome
haq
Kha danny
Longbow
Genehunter (aka. Lyserg)
Markus Möller
Matty Golder
Mazuffer
MoPower
Ozmont
Rich Nagel
Tom McKay
The lost ninja
TuomoH

If you have other links, feel free to post them here

Hello Andreas! Good to see you here... :D Actually, I don't plan to leave my forum, and that has two reasons:
1. since the 5 days we've started GRRF with Ivo, about 70 members joined to our little forum. It wouldn't be good to let them alone... :rolleyes:
2. we're in contact with James (Burgess), and he told that he has also some plans with Hannu to make an official site. We're waiting only for Hannu's decision.

But I suggest you rather to read James' message. ;) (I have phpBB and can't link sole posts...)

Yes you can ;)

Link to carmaker's website

OK, here, you'll find some carmaker's links, there are less links than the track thread as there are no "Car of Month" or something equivalent and also because there are fewer car makers than track makers

Car Editor

But before making cars, we all need something to make them, Juan's Car Editor is the best and the most used tool to make cars for GR. However to make it work, you may need the "required" files :

Click here to download Juan's Car Editor
Required files (extract them in the Car Editor's folder or in the System folder)

Car makers websites

Ok, here's the links :

mebiko
TuomoH
Genehunter (aka. Lyserg / BOLT website)
Genetleman
MoPower

Mariusz's Car Database

Quite a shame that authors like Fechna or Ms... never done a website.

If you have other links, feel free to post them here

Track forum rules

Here is some rules you have to respect in this forum

Main rules

• Name correctly your thread, ie. with track tags (see below), and then the name of the track, don't name your thread "my new tracks" or "my tracks"
  • You should describe your track
  • Please post a screenshot, via attachements, even though Imageshack or equivalent may be tolerated.
  • And of course, post the link to the track, ideally the link should go to the Generally tracks category in RD's downloads section, as it has been made in this purpose.

Track tags

Call subject of the topic by name of the track and use following tags before the name too, please

The tags used are the same as GRRF, who were already almost the same as RSC's (only the [evo] tag is new), here is the list :
[cir] circuit
[stc] street circuit (in city)
[roa] road track (on public roads)
[ovl] oval track
[tri] tri-oval track
[stu] stunt track
[ral] rally track (stage from point A to point B)
[rax] rally-cross track (multi-surface, grass, gravel or ice circuits)
[kar] kart track
[mic] micro track
[wat] water track (for boats)
[oth] other (if any other previous doesn't fit)
[rwl] real world location (don't use the tag for: proposals of track, kart tracks, RC tracks and fictional tracks inspired by local roads)
[tpk] track pack (more different tracks are inside of attached .zip)
[evo] evolution pack (includes same track in more versions as it changed during different time periods)

You can use more of them together, but not more that four. Always make gaps between them or the search will not work and nobody find your track! Example of correct application: [rwl] [cir] [tpk] Brands Hatch.

Comments

Please be patient with comments, you won't get tons of comments in the first hours or minutes, especially since people are living in different time zones, so you should usually wait for 24 hours until get your first comment. :wink:

[cir][str] Netton Park (version 2)

Ok, maybe we should make real thread in this forum. I'm not mainly a track maker, but I did some tracks, not to a very high level, but quite descent I guess.

So this track, Netton Park, was first released years ago, 2005 if I'm right, it is a "semi-urban" track, with a circuit infield part, and two straights which are actually public roads.

I used it in several of my competitions, GRC, and more recently in the Summer Silhouette Series, actually I decided to revamp the track after the SSS since I thought it had a nice layout, but not a very good lmap.

Download link @ RD : http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2142

Attachments

• nettonparkv2.png
    nettonparkv2.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 255
Well, even if you make a official site (which is good), I don't see the point in leave a big community where people can get to know GeneRally than to go to an independent forum.

RD is free, you just can say that 70 guys to come here, not a big deal :)
Hello, guys.

It's hard to do anything, when the precise shape of the future official project is unclear ATM, maybe it will has it's own forum, we cannot force the community to move every week from forum to forum and want them to re-registrate always. Also opinion, that the RSC was too huge and very over demands of the game has an influence on decisions of some members. Anyway, great to see, that you, guys for from Black Rebels, didn't forget on the game. :) I'll be lurking around and make thread for a competition surely soon too.

Last edited:
GRMFED GeneRally Atlantic Champ [Login/TT+R]

GRMFED GeneRally Atlantic Champ [Login/TT+R]

atlanticbanner.jpg

Introduction:
GeneRally Atlantic Champ is competition inspirated by one smaller, but very traditional and prestigious formula series held in North America since 1974 (wiki). Our season consists of seven rounds, at this moment we're closely after half of season - in front of 5th round at Miller Motorsports Park - but it's not impediment to joining the season. ;-) Each round includes two races - short race (10km, time trial) and long race (16km, race). Car is designed by DXTR, tracks by Bouncebackability, future design, Jimmy, MegadriXxX and Qurpiz.

If you want to join, just send an e-mail to grmfed@gmail.com, make a post in this thread or send me a Private Message with necessary information, which are:
1. name
2. number (2-99; watch if the no, which you want, isn't engaged already)
3. nationality
4. name of team (or 'privateer')
5. colors (e.g. 255-255-255/000-000-000)
6. design version of car (e.g. 016.b)
7. e-mail address, where can be sent a nick and a password for login

Calendar:
Season includes seven rounds, each round consists of two races - short race (time trial) and long race (race) during one week.

1st round - Cleveland: from 5th Dec. 2009 to 12th Dec. 2009,
2nd round - Mid-Ohio: from 13th Dec. 2009 to 19th Dec. 2009,
3rd round - Toronto: from 20th Dec. 2009 to 26th Dec. 2009,
4th round - Montréal: from 27th Dec. 2009 to 2nd Jan. 2010,
5th round - Miller Motorsports Park: from 3rd Jan. 2010 to 9th Jan 2010,
6th round - Denver: from 10th Jan. 2010 to 16th Jan. 2010,
7th round - Edmonton: from 17th Jan. 2010 to 23rd Jan. 2010.

Each round term ends on Saturday, GMT 11:59.59 a.m.

Basics of rules:
For all rounds is used a login system. Login time (predefined time period for delivering files) is 9 minutes for short race and 12 minutes for long race.

Mandatory game settings for short race are:
a. race length: 10 km,
b. tyre wear: 1%,
c. fuel consumption: 4%,
d. fuel mass: 50kg,
e. damage: 15%,
f. game speed: 100% or higher.
g. number of opponents: 0 official AIs.
h. car for driver: one of cars included in official car pack

Mandatory game settings for long race are same like for short one with exemption of:
a. race length: 16 km,
b. number of opponents: 5 official AIs,
c. human driver starts from pole position.

Mandatory files are:
a. screenshot (.bmp), which was made in moment of showing standings screen by pressing key F11 or F12,
b. .gam file with replay of race.

Points are awarded to drivers separately for each race of the round to the first 15 finishers of short or long race in following order: 25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 + 1 point for holder of fastest lap of the race.

A champion of Drivers Championship is the driver, who scored most points in sum of all seven rounds.

A champion of Teams Championship is the team, which scored most points in sum of all seven rounds (sum of points got by all team drivers).

Download:
You can find gamepack for this competition in Download section of official site.

Note:
Full text of rules, entry list, links for login and other details are on official website of GRMFED. If is something unclear, don't worry to ask me for explanation. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%