General Information

No.
The randomness means that it starts at 93%.
I did some testing on 'Green' track. So, once it gets up to 94% it starts to give more feedback and obviously I had to reset the session. Funny enough, when I reseted session, it didn't bring it back to 93.0% but it's random, going from 93 to 97%! After resetting about 10 times, I manage to stick it back into 93. But, almost never 93.0 again, but 93.4%, 93.7% or more... Anyway, ffb is great in this car, not necessary to run obliviously high track grip and I fully agree that we shouldn't ever be going over 98.0%. :)
91%-92% is a bit of a bother that you can't set it up in single player. And there isn't any training servers yet..

Whichever way, I do find this car really pleasurable to drive. 266HP at times is harder to accelerate then gt3's 500hp. Might be due to track grip. And despite Green track, GT3 laptimes are easily beatable. Corner speeds are about the same and straight-line perhaps 20kmh slower, this cars brakes are extra-ordinary.

91%-92% is a bit of a bother that you can't set it up in single player. And there isn't any training servers yet..
Hey mate, if you go into C: / ... / Assetto Corsa / cfg / templates / track.ini

You can edit the preset values to your preference, and you can also create new presets :)
Tony has also put up a practice server for the preseason qually which is locked to 93% grip. Search for "Sniper", and the password is sniper. :)

and lets face facts I have proven on many occasions I can fail at any % of track grip, im just talented that way:)

@Chris Stacey Just a question about the exceeding track limits (namely running wide), and the penalties given, if you can prove that you have gained no advantage (e.g. back out of throttle completely), will you still be given the penalties?

@Chris Stacey Just a question about the exceeding track limits (namely running wide), and the penalties given, if you can prove that you have gained no advantage (e.g. back out of throttle completely), will you still be given the penalties?
Nope. :)
But we will look at that post-race to see if drivers lift off the throttle, or if you've had a moment or something.

We're not going to check every corner, but just like last season we'll be looking closely at specific areas of the track where time gains can be made by running wide or shortening the track.

IMPORTANT:
All drivers are allowed to create their own custom helmet designs. Below is the link to the PSD that you can use to do so. There is a white and a black Thrustmaster logo included, feel free to use either one to best suit your helmet's contrast.

Please do not:
  1. Delete, move or alter the Thrustmaster logo in any way shape or form.
  2. Have any trademarked logos as part of your design without the written consent of the company's logo(s) you've used.
  3. Place any explicit photos or graphics on the helmet.
  4. Submit them to me until the Pre-Season Qually is completed and finalised with driver numbers issued.
You are also allowed to create your own style and/or font of driver number, so long as it is clearly visible (please use the font size that the text layer uses), and does not clash with the above four points.

If you are unsure as to how to create a custom helmet livery, then you can try contacting a skin modder and ask for their services, or you can use the generic helmets that I have created for each team that will be provided in the finished skin pack for those that haven't designed a custom one :)

Looking forward to seeing some great designs, so get painting! :D

Helmet PSD: HERE

@Jamie Pyatt @Sun Levi @Justin @Aidan Keranen @Noel Spence @Matt Bailey @El-ahrairah @David Armstrong @Fred Locklear @Ashley Cowan @Jack @Sniper @Matheus Machado @Jamie Cocks @Michael Young @Frank @kedy89 @Anon666 @Michael Stead @RenZ_ @Niki Đaković @Phil Manning @Thomas Satherley

Last edited:
chris, as you know, im new, but have been getting there, im now a member at RD, on the 48 hour qualify, which i want to be in, will you guys know if i have done enough consistant laps to compete? and on saturday at AEST 17.00. will i require password? will teamspeak channel be open at qualify?

i know i ask a lot of questions, but its the tech im new to, not the driving.

Nick.

chris, as you know, im new, but have been getting there, im now a member at RD, on practise, which i want to be in, will you guys know if i have done enough consistant laps to compete? and on saturday at AEST 17.00. will i require password? will teamspeak channel be open at practise?

i know i ask a lot of questions, but its the tech im new to, not the driving.

Nick.
No worries Nick, firstly you'll need to sign up in the sign up thread. However, the main entry list is currently full, so I can put you down as a reserve and you'll be contacted in the absence of a main entry list driver.

As a reserve driver you're more than welcome to join us for the Pre-Season Qualification, however yours times wont count, because you'll be a reserve driver, but they will be useful for myself to see your pace and consistency.

You will require a password to join the server, but all that information will be given out closer to the date :)
The RD TeamSpeak channel is always open, however the usage of TeamSpeak is not mandatory for the Pre-Season Qualification.

IMPORTANT:
All drivers are allowed to create their own custom helmet designs. Below is the link to the PSD that you can use to do so. There is a white and a black Thrustmaster logo included, feel free to use either one to best suit your helmet's contrast.

Please do not:
  1. Delete, move or alter the Thrustmaster logo in any way shape or form.
  2. Have any trademarked logos as part of your design without the written consent of the company's logo(s) you've used.
  3. Place any explicit photos or graphics on the helmet.
  4. Submit them to me until the Pre-Season Qually is completed and finalised with driver numbers issued.
You are also allowed to create your own style and/or font of driver number, so long as it is clearly visible (please use the font size that the text layer uses), and does not clash with the above four points.

If you are unsure as to how to create a custom helmet livery, then you can try contacting a skin modder and ask for their services, or you can use the generic helmets that I have created for each team that will be provided in the finished skin pack for those that haven't designed a custom one :)

Looking forward to seeing some great designs, so get painting! :D

Helmet PSD: HERE

@Jamie Pyatt @Sun Levi @Justin @Aidan Keranen @Noel Spence @Matt Bailey @El-ahrairah @David Armstrong @Fred Locklear @Ashley Cowan @Jack @Sniper @Matheus Machado @Jamie Cocks @Michael Young @Frank @kedy89 @Anon666 @Michael Stead @RenZ_ @Niki Đaković @Phil Manning @Thomas Satherley
Is moving the number allowed, meaning a couple of pixels (50-100) to the top?

Porting the gp4 skin went way better than expected. Only had to move a stripe a few pixels down so that it doesn't go straight to the Thrustmaster logo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%