Sim Required: Assetto Corsa
Car: CTDP 2009 International Formula Master (version 1.3 DOWNLOAD)
Rounds: 5 (+1 preseason qualification)
Grid: Maximum 24 drivers.
Welcome to the first ever season of the Thrustmaster Australian Formula Master. The premier open-wheeler series for Oceania-based racers on RaceDepartment. This season will consist of a preseason qualification session followed by five official rounds, with each race being held on a Saturday evening. You will be fighting for a Drivers Championship and a Teams Championship. Thanks to our partnership with Thrustmaster for this series, the winner of the Drivers Championship will be rewarded with a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter!
- Race Distances are determined by the first lap to exceed the 120 kilometre mark. This should equate to approximately 35-45 minutes of racing.
- Participation is mandatory for all official events, unless a legitimate absence report has been filed.
- Pit stops are not mandatory, however can be utilised should the driver deem it necessary.
- Drivers will be competing for a drivers championship, and a teams championship. The teams championship is determined by the combined points total of both drivers within the team.
- Track conditions:
- At the time of writing Assetto Corsa only supports a single weather condition (26C & Clear) in multiplayer servers.
- Should developments take place during the season, meaning that such parameters can be altered, then races that take place after the updates will be configured to a more realistic weather condition based on the country in which that track resides.
- The scheduled timeline of events will be strictly adhered to. Drivers who fail to book in to the server during the allotted time frame may be subject to penalty or suspension from future rounds.
- Drivers must complete at least 90% of the race distance to be considered as a classified finisher.
League Entry and Eligibility:
When signing up to this league, you are agreeing to participate in every round, and abide by the RaceDepartment League Regulations. Absences must be reported at least 24 hours in advance of the commencement of the booking session, and must be of legitimate reasoning. RaceDepartment league directors reserve the right to remove drivers from the league if they fail to provide notice of absence and/or fail to follow RaceDepartment League Regulations.
To gain entry to this league, drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a Premium Membership. (Purchase here!)
- Must have a stable internet connection.
- Must meet the requirement of the Preseason Qualification.
The season will kick off at the end of May, and will finish at the beginning of August.
- Preseason Qualification: Saturday, May 30th - Silverstone National - 72hrs
- Round 1: Saturday, 13th June - Silverstone GP - 21 laps (123.7 km)
- Round 2: Saturday, 27th June - Nurburgring GP - 24 laps (123.5 km)
- Round 3: Saturday, 11th July - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 21 laps (121.6 km)
- Round 4: Saturday, 18th July - Spa-Francorchamps - 18 laps (126.0 km)
- Round 5: Saturday, 1st August - Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari - 25 Laps (122.7 km)
Each round of the RDAFM will commence at 19:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), on Saturday's.
- Booking: 30 minutes
- Practice: 45 minutes
- Qualifying: 30 minutes
- Race: ~120km.
Points will be allocated as follows:
1st = 25pts
2nd = 18pts
3rd = 15pts
4th = 12pts
5th = 10pts
6th = 8pts
7th = 6pts
8th = 4pts
9th = 2pts
10th = 1pt
Drivers who finish outside 10th position will receive zero points but will still be ranked according to their best finishing position. In the event of an equal number of total points for two or more drivers, a count-back will take place, and the positions will be determined by:
- Highest number of first places.
- Highest number of second places.
- Highest number of third places. etc. etc.
Liveries and Driver Numbers:
All drivers must download and use the skinpack created for this league at all races, and must use the skin they are assigned with for the entire season. Drivers who use a different skin from the one they were allocated will receive a back of the grid penalty for the following race. Teammates will have identical skins with the exception of car number. Driver numbers and liveries will be allocated according to the preseason qualification ranking.
Special thanks to ML2166 for all his hard work in creating incredible skin designs!
A "team" consists of two drivers. Your teammate will be determined from the result of the Preseason Qualification session. Teams are required to create a team name, which must be submitted to the league director one week prior to the commencement of round one. Only the two official drivers from each team will be able to score points for their respective teams. Reserve drivers cannot score points for any team.
Drivers must create a sub-channel in TeamSpeak, and it must be titled according to their chosen team name.
Drivers are free to talk as little, or as much as they like when within their respective team's channel.
To set up your teams' Sub-Channel:
- Right click on the Assetto Corsa channel, and click "Create Sub-Channel".
- Under the "Audio" tab, set the Codec to "Speex Ultra-Wideband" and the Quality to 7. Then click OK.
- Your Teams' sub-channel is all set!