GEM FX Preset and RBR FFB TIPS

Hello fellow RBR players!!

Today I bring you some of my tweakings to both the graphical and gameplay side of RBR.

First I have to say that my wheel is the DFGT and I know my tweakings on FFB are more targeted for that, but I believe following the guides I will provide - wich I found by some experimentation and against some tips online - you will be able to tweak all sorts of wheels, unless it has a really different FFB wheel profile, since most of it will be done there.

First thing, I think you should head to your FIXUP plugin folder and turn on Adaptive FFB and turn on the VSYNC options there. You should download FIXUP if you don't have it, but if you have RSRBR you should have it, I am just playing with the original version with the RBRCIT tool to add new cars, until I have a better internet connection to download the RSRBR.

Well, after you did that, now it's time to Logitech or whatever profile you have. If you don't have the logitech, I hope you can find the equivalent settings on your other wheel brand software.

First of all, there are people online who will tell you to leave things at 0 (spring and damper) and also Center Spring at 100 but unchecked... Well, from my experience I will say that I had strange results from that, and FFB never felt like I wanted; muddy, rubbery to an extreme and strong on some areas and too weak in others.
So, what I recommend on a DFGT is to have Spring somewhere between 70-75 and damper at 50-70... Of course it is a matter of taste, but that gave me nice feelings of nuanced suspension information and also crests and jumps sort of weight lifting and what not and coming back to the wheel when the car is off and on the floor.

The center spring I found today the value of 50-55 with it ticked achieved also a nice slip curve and grip force feeling.

So, thats about it. Let me know if you test that.

I also leave my GEMFX wich you should add to the folder of Gemfx after you download a version on another site I am not sure I can mention here, wich was made for GTR2. Goes by the name of "GEMFX with SWEETFX v108 - GTR2 Preset". You download that and replace my file under the Gemfx folder there, preset and then current, where there should be the GEMFX config.

IMPORTANT!

Change the extension from TXT to CFG.

Adding some photos next.

Attachments

• GEMFX_settings.txt
    755 bytes · Views: 505

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back