GeForce optimization??

I got tired of my gaming laptop not being up to snuff for ACC and R3E so bought a new desktop. I've been an AMD vidcard fan for years. Only had one nVidia card and that was likely 15yrs ago now. The new PC has nV and this GeForce experience software. Optimization of games is built into it. Some games max out, like my truck simulators, and others not quite. ACC is somewhat "optimizes" at mid level. Is it even worth using this auto optimizing? I am presently getting 2x-3x the FPS I was getting on my gaming laptop in most games, but should I be pushing the gfx up in all games with the new system?? It's my first gaming desktop in many years as well, so well out of the loop when it comes to spec knowledge. This new system was on sale, so I decided to grab it.

Is GeForce optimizing worth using? Is it really just for setting spec quickly, and is it truly "optimizing" my game(s)??

New system specs are
Ci7-10700 @ 2.9
16g ram DDR4 2600
RTX 2060 6g vram

I ask this here because the reason I was going to upgrade was because ACC was not all that great on my laptop and I am using it as my benchmark overall. Most other games run much much better. I literally just got it so haven't had any real driving time on it since I have gigs and gigs of games to install.

Last edited:
Okay. HAHAHAA. I get it. I will uninstall geforce exp and only update the drivers only. Will uninstalling the geforce exp affect the drivers at all? Listen to me. I sound like such a novice. This is stemming from years and years of AMD only cards. I will set gfx as I want in game only. I never even used global on the radeon control panel. AMD never had the optimizing thing, so I thought I'd ask those who know.

I ended up just installing the drivers.

GEForce Experience just seems to suggest best settings based on some data it's gathered from elsewhere? Not much value.

Looks like if you want to use their Shadowplay or their streaming stuff then GEForce Experience might be needed. Do you need that? Any streaming / capturing for sim racing I would have thought is best done on another PC.

I played with the post processing filters briefly. Gimmick more than anything useful. Couldn't get any improvement over standard image settings.

I just realised I sound quite cynical.

Last edited:
No streaming, and no recording. I don't even try online much yet. I've uninstalled it and the audio drivers. I use the real tek that came with the PC. I'll just keep moving gfx up/down until I am happy with the FPS and smoothness. This and R3E are my usual go to sims for fun. Sometimes PC2 or AMS2. Thanks for the input everybody. I'll just keep tweaking the settings myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back