Gear shifter that works with Logitech G27

Thinking about getting another gear shifter to replace the one with my G27 wheel, as not impressed with it.
Can anyone recommend a good one that works well with the G27?

I don't know if the clubsport shifter is the same price of the TH8 in UK as it is in Brazil. So if you can get one of those for the same price, I would recommend buying the CS. And internet reviews aren't quite favorable for Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
If you're on a PC (presuming you are, with AC) then the TH8A is a very nice bit of kit for the price and will work with your G27 if you plug the shifter into its own USB port. I have one, you can have it in H-gate or sequential mode, and I'm quite pleased with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Add-On-Gearbox-Shifter-playstation-4/dp/B00MAXOTB6
I looked at that one but was a little confused as I thought the TH8A was an add on for it's wheel, so they brought out the TH8RS which is a stand alone with a USB connection. So are you saying the TH8A has a USB cable?

Upvote 0
I have a TH8rs shifter and have no issues with it. I upgraded to it after the shifter broke that came with my Forza CSR wheel. I've now run the TH8rs with both my CSR and T300 wheels without any problems. As Brandon said, just plug it into it's own usb port and you'll be good to go. I like the Clubsport too but my setup is mounted on a wheel stand pro and currently they don't have a mount for the Clubsport. A buddy upgraded his TH8rs to the Clubsport and said that it's nice but wasn't worth the price difference. Like everything, to each their own.

The only thing that you need to be aware of is that most sims have preset wheel profiles already defined. When you run mixed equipment, sometimes everything isn't automatically recognized (I still use my Fanatec pedals and haven't gotten Dirt Rally to recognize the clutch pedal :) ) In general, I manually configure everything and ignore the profiles. Not a big deal by any means though.

Upvote 0
I looked at that one but was a little confused as I thought the TH8A was an add on for it's wheel, so they brought out the TH8RS which is a stand alone with a USB connection. So are you saying the TH8A has a USB cable?

Sorry, I probably got them confused. I think I have the TH8RS, whichever one can work as a standalone shifter. I like it and haven't had any issues. Obviously the Clubsport Shifter is probably better, but the TH8 is cheaper and easier to mount and it's served me very well so far.

Upvote 0
The th8a is a revised version of the Th8rs. Whilst the th8rs was usb only, the th8a has different connectors to be able to connect to different consoles and wheels as well. Same design internally and same function. So th8a newer version of th8rs.

Upvote 0
CSS ALL the way, NO Question's asked. TM doesn't even come close to the Fantec feeling you get. 1 second Gear box changes, Vs screws and removing plates, ect ect.....No thanks.

I wanted one of those too, but I really couldn't afford the extra money and it would have required substantial modifications to my rig to mount it. The TH8 shifter mounted to the exact place I used to have my G27 shifter with no real modifications. Mine is in sequential mode 95% of the time so fiddling with the screws/plates really isn't an issue. Each to their own.

Upvote 0
CSS ALL the way, NO Question's asked. TM doesn't even come close to the Fantec feeling you get. 1 second Gear box changes, Vs screws and removing plates, ect ect.....No thanks.
I own the th8rs. I appreciate it as an h shifter. The sequential mode I think is not nice. I have made a diy sequential that I find much more realistic. Changing plates for modes is unacceptable. Very tiring. It wears the shifter as well. Still, I am really happy with the shifter in h mode, even though I have modded it to suit my needs. Haven't tried fanatec, but it seems to me it would be superior to mine.

Upvote 0
The H pattern feel's 1000X better than a Th8, you actually get some "clunk" feel to it, rather than just a Open gate. Understandable if you didn't want to spend more $$ and have to DIY a mount, But you honestly dont know what your missing out on. $ for $ the Th8 isn't That much cheaper in the long run...>Spend big Once and never have to do it again (if you don't get bit by the Simracing bug that is) :confused:

Upvote 0
Yeah, if I could have made a good mounting solution I probably would have ponied up the extra money for the CSS, I have no doubt it's considerably better. But at the time money was also an issue as I had just bought a bunch of sim gear. Having never used a CSS, I'm quite satisfied with the TH8 and it's a very satisfactory solution for those with budget/mounting restrictions.

Eventually I plan to build a new rig and mount a CSS to it, then repurpose the TH8 as a hand brake. :whistling:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing