DiRT Rally gear disengaging with clutch and h shifter

i am having trouble with any of the cars with the gears disengaging with slow or high revs ,is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ,oh and nothing wrong with the clubsport shifter

Last edited:
aw, what a pity. But glad it's not my gear, at least, as I started suspecting it to be at fault. Let's hope it will get addressed (with so many other bad things that appear to be all inherent from those titles), as now I am often miffed, when I'm hurling towards a hairpin but my gear is gone and you are full of neutrals and in the walls as a result :). Ok when i miss a gear, but not every bleeding 30 seconds

I set it up to have autoclutch and H shifter until they fix it. For now I use the clutch anyway so I don't get into the habit of driving clutchless but I was getting really annoyed by the gears jumping. One or two a stage would be OK, but every 4 turns gets a bit irritating.

You have to be very deliberate changing up and down because the game/sim wants you to be in neutral for a teeny bit longer than if you are slamming thru the gears. They've done this on purpose it seems as you can damage the gears and it not respond properly if you've been naughty with the box. (I'm using a Fanatec CSS 7-sp) I agree it's a bit over the top as I've seen vids of Markku Alen and Walter Rohrl working the box quite vigorously and they were the top guys in the day.

As I mentioned I have taken to use autoclutch for this very reason. Even with autoclutch sometimes the gears jump, but with AC on they just go back in gear automatically while when you use the manual clutch you have to do it yourself. I think this is intentional. I have a feeling that those older cars jumped out of gear all the time in reality and they are just simulating that.

I wish they would simulate a few more things before getting to that issue. For instance, I hate that the game drives me before and after the stage. I'd like to have the option of doing it myself and screw up if I have to.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%