gbW Vanilla Sets

Misc gbW Vanilla Sets 3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Peter Boese thanks for your outstanding contribution to AC.
It's been a while since I started using your gbw Vanilla sets, but I never used the reshade.
Then yesterday I tried it but honestly I'm a bit confused if I should replace the Shader and Texture path inside the d3d11.ini with my own AC path or just keep them as they are.
That's because I can't see much difference with and without reshade, so I'm asking what is supposed to do, maybe add a bit more contrast? The default set already makes the whole difference to the game!

No need to change the paths. They are already set relative. My reshade ist almost subtle. There are dynamic changes. More information about this is in the how_to_install manual. There i descriped all the reshade shaders i use.

I think Shift + F10 or Shift + F11 is the default shortcut to open the Reshade console/menu, there you can see (and set a different) shortcut that toggles the Reshades effects on/off, there you can see the difference between the 2 modes.

As Peter already said though, it's more about fine-tuning and not to create a totally different visual setting.

Edit:
Shift + F10 to open menu, Scroll Lock to toggle on/off (I think these shortcuts are still the default ones)

on:
2018-01-12 11_48_15-Greenshot.jpg

off:
2018-01-12 11_48_30-Greenshot.jpg

Best to open in 2 tabs/windows or download the screenshots and switch back and forth between them to spot the difference.
(this set is from the lastest GBW version though, so it might be a tiny bit different to the vanilla version (Peter would have to tell if there has been changes between these 2 releases))

Last edited:
could it be possible that after installing this mod the F12 screenshot jey from Steam won't work anymore? it happens to a friend, I barely use the steam screenshot key.
He could try to deactivate Reshade. Just rename the dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll to something like _dxgi.dll. And then try again to use F12.
There is no other stuff in this pack, what could be responsible for this...

Last edited:
I decided to update the "gbW Vanilla sets", also to a new structure.

In the set will now be just 4 weather sets: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

The Spring set is a modified variant of the lastest set from gbwSuite 1.2.
Summer will be a polished version of the existing Summer set.
Autumn will be an overhault "unpredictable" variant.
Winter is totally new.

WIP gbW Vanilla sets 4 - "Winter"
mUyq7c8.jpg

mdl6owh.jpg

wEc7oSF.jpg

g3BKo8r.jpg

MFvVBTn.jpg

Looks great! I currently switched to the suite because the pp filter and your reshade profile just give me the exact lighting I love. Looks lively and realistic for my eyes.
It's a shame though that I miss out a few awesome clouds since I only race and practice online.
Will your update of the vanilla sets have the same.. I'll call it "general mood of colours and shades" as the updated suite? :)
What I really liked about the vanilla sets was that I could switch the mood of the game between sessions. But the suite just looks a bit better for my eyes now :p

Looks great! I currently switched to the suite because the pp filter and your reshade profile just give me the exact lighting I love. Looks lively and realistic for my eyes.
It's a shame though that I miss out a few awesome clouds since I only race and practice online.
Will your update of the vanilla sets have the same.. I'll call it "general mood of colours and shades" as the updated suite? :)
What I really liked about the vanilla sets was that I could switch the mood of the game between sessions. But the suite just looks a bit better for my eyes now :p
The update will have the new PPFilter and the new Reshade settings. So its a real update to the new look. I like it too...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%