Gaming PC advice

I've just about had enough of F1 2011 and don't hold out much hope for 2012 to be a massive improvement so have decided to take the plunge and switch over to the PC platform from my PS3. I have no knowledge of computers and I'm asking for advice on what I should be looking for?
I want a PC to play Race07 and rfactor etc and the PC will not be used for anything other than racing sims.
I have a budget of around £500, suggestions, advice and tips appreciated?

On a side-note: nVidia is supposed to announce a new graphics chip during GamesCom, so if you wait a few weeks you might be able to grab a faster chip for the same price or an existing one for cheap. :)

they already reduced the 570s to move on the stock as the card they announce will be the long awaited 660.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Sorry is I veered of your discussion a bit, I would like to know if I can run some of the latest games with this configuration setup on max settings. 8gb of ddr2 800, Core 2 Quad 2.5, HD6870, evga 750i.

Please let me know what you think

Upvote 0
Your CPU will be a bottleneck for some games as it is only running at 2.5Ghz per core. Your ram might do ok, but it may be a bit slow as well but your graphics card should do ok for most games as long as you aren't pushing onto triple screens.

Upvote 0
There was earlier in this thread a discussion, whether it is (il)leagal to reuse OEM software.

Quite interesting, MS just lost a law case in Germany against a company who is dealing with used OEM software and they were told they must not repeat the phrases, that it is illeagel to instal OEM software on another computer:

(German arcticle)
http://www.heise.de/resale/meldung/...ilige-Verfuegung-gegen-Microsoft-1674046.html

Yep, that's pretty cool. Also, just looked at where the company that sued them is located (because Allgäu is the region in Bavaria I'm from): 30km drive from my hometown! :p

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back