Gaming engine trait?

Since I do not own any other titles based on the Unreal engine, I'd like to ask those that do....
Does the engine lend itself to stutter-free movement in your titles, when moving around in the virtual space?
I ask the question because I've noticed that in ACC, if you are driving on a straight the action is extremely smooth.
It is only during a directional change that I'll encounter micro-stutter.

In multiplayer there is a micro stutter everytime someone joins the server. I get no directional stutter especially since i added my Rtx 2070 video card. It did get a directional micro stutter when i had my gtx 1070. A notable spot is when your coming outta the pits at spa, as soon as you cross the white and make the right turn around the bend. I actually think that the original ac engine is better then the unreal engine but the reason why they used the unreal engine is because it allowed them to come out with this title in very short amount of time.

you aren't getting microsttuter you are probably getting screen tearing
, what fps are you running. and what monitor Hz? also vertical sync off i supose?
I just looked up various examples of screen tearing videos. That's not what I'm seeing. In those examples, the objects are clearly showing a distinctive sheared-off...almost double effect. Mine is a very very slight jitter, only when turning or turning to look in virtual space.

@Jason...you have a good point.
I forgot just prior to the ACC 1.0.8 update, the driver had been updated to the current 436.30
I will use Pawel's suggestion with DDU and revert to the previous one.
Update:

The Issue is now resolved.
I found this sim to be extremely responsive to V-sync changes....specifically (V-sync enabled).
I took Pawel's suggestion of using DDU...but installed Nvidia's experimental driver 435.27.
I then changed AA mode to KTAA instead of temporal.
It is now smoother than it has ever been.
Better than TV quality broadcast.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
@Jason...you have a good point.
I forgot just prior to the ACC 1.0.8 update, the driver had been updated to the current 436.30
I will use Pawel's suggestion with DDU and revert to the previous one.
Update:

The Issue is now resolved.
I found this sim to be extremely responsive to V-sync changes....specifically (V-sync enabled).
I took Pawel's suggestion of using DDU...but installed Nvidia's experimental driver 435.27.
I then changed AA mode to KTAA instead of temporal.
It is now smoother than it has ever been.
Better than TV quality broadcast.
Thanks all.

Excellent.
I have vsync off and limit FPS at the bottom of video settings. I will definitely try the KTAA.
Are you saying run vsync or turn it off?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%