Gaming Chair?

I'm considering getting a gaming chair with speakers (that would hopefully increase the immersion for Racing Sims). I came across this one on Amazon and am wondering whether anyone has any experience (good or bad) with it. It does not mention "PC" when it says what it works with, but I don't see why it wouldn't....

Does anyone have any thoughts about it or perhaps have something similar to recommend?

Thanks!

If your using to race, when you hit the brake pedal, it may rock back and you would loose brake pressure. Office chair with wheels doesn't work very well either.
Otherwise chair looks nice.

Upvote 0
If your using to race, when you hit the brake pedal, it may rock back and you would loose brake pressure. Office chair with wheels doesn't work very well either.
Otherwise chair looks nice.

Yeah, that's why I don't like using an office chair. At least this one wouldn't be on wheels.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Upvote 0
@newbert
"Will play audio from any source with headset or RCA outputs. Assembly required. The wireless receiver is built-in and the box includes your wireless transmitter that will send audio from any source with headset or RCA outputs to your gaming chair. Optional RCA cables also included."
This is quoted from the listing you supplied.

Upvote 0
I suppose it depends what your expecting out of this product and what your using it with. Any swivel chair is going to suck if your trying to use it with a steering wheel and pedals. You want your position to be locked down and even if it is possible to lock it down it's going to move a little bit.

I'd guess that you could probably achieve something similar with better dedicated sim equipment, I wouldn't have much confidence in a chair that cost just $169 and a large portion of that cost has gone towards electronics and whatever else needed to make the chair rock. That makes the actual chair part very cheap.

Looks a bit gimmicky to me.

Are you looking for something that won't look out of place in a sitting room?

Worth reading the one-star reviews on Amazon before buying.
You can't trust Amazon reviews full stop. The 5 star reviews are at best, from people that are just delighted with their new toy, at worst they're shills. Many of the 1 star reviews can be from disgruntled people who are complaining just to complain and aren't really giving the product a fair assessment.

Overall Amazon reviews just can't be trusted, even if someone is being genuine, unless they've also bought all the other versions and brands how would they know if it's better or worse than any of the rest? Most amazon reviewers simply aren't qualified or educated enough to judge a product on it's merits. It would be like giving a car review from someone that bought a car once the same merit as a car review from a car journalist.

I've also had Chinese suppliers contact me begging and trying to bribe me into changing my review.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I guess that I'll know for sure soon, since I ended up ordering it. It should be here in a day or two.
Well, it arrived today. First reactions? Easy to assemble. Sound Setup was a bit problematic, but it was mostly me being stupid.

Pretty comfy, but I haven't sat in it for an extended time. It swivels, but lean back is minimal. No wheels on the base, so stepping on the brake pedal doesn't move the chair. (I have it on carpet.)

TBH though, I thought that the sound would be a bit louder overall. Vibration is pretty strong though.

Upvote 0
You can't trust Amazon reviews full stop. The 5 star reviews are at best, from people that are just delighted with their new toy, at worst they're shills. Many of the 1 star reviews can be from disgruntled people who are complaining just to complain and aren't really giving the product a fair assessment.

I agree with you to a point. However, plenty of reviews describe the pros and cons in detail and these can be very helpful. I always look at the one star reviews to see if there's a trend with a particular problem being highlighted by several different people. I ignore comments like "it arrived damaged" or "it's rubbish" but if someone goes to the effort of describing in detail what appears to be a real issue (unless they're the only person experiencing it) then I take it into account.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing