Gaming chair with wheels tip?

Hi guys, as the title says, I have a gaming chair with wheels, and they're not lockable, so I have to raise my brake sensitivity a lot, and it becomes unrealistic, or else I push myself back. Do you guys have any tip for the chair to stay in place while braking?

When I bought my new computer chair 3-4 weeks ago, I also bought these lockable wheel casters for it.

Very effective. My chair does not move at all when wheels locked.

Upvote 0
Usually, you have two problems with the brakes, the chair moving backwards and the pedals moving away. The pedals are usually best solved by attaching them to a piece of wood that reaches all the way to the wall so they are fixed more or less in place. The chair you can get chair caster covers that stop the wheels rolling backwards or replaced casters that don't roll or even lockable replacement casters can be fitted to many chairs. I used some straps attached to the wood for the brake pedals and the chair legs to keep the chair in place and that worked fairly well.

Upvote 0
If you know someone with a 3D printer, I used this before getting my cockpit, and it worked great for me.

Upvote 0
Would think about a triangular brace against the back of the chair to (i) keep the chair from tipping over backwards; and (ii) help stabalize the backrest so that it does not flex/recline under braking.

Upvote 0
Crude, but cheap, ridiculously easy to make, quick to use/remove and works perfectly even with very stiff brake pedal. There are non-slip pads on the bottom, and the slots obviously don't go through all the layers. (Edit: just to clarify - it's not bolted to the floor, even if it might look that way. The bolts just hold the three (I think) layers of wood together.)

i-sQ5hrR9-XL.jpg

Upvote 0
When I was using an office chair, I used a strong clothes hanger to hold the chair to the pedals. I rotated the chair so that one of the wheels was toward the pedals. I then use the hook part of the hanger and hooked it onto the chair wheel. In my case, the long bottom part of the hanger tucked under the pedals and forms a strong attachment between the chair and pedals.

Upvote 0
The wheels could be replaced by glides. Search google for "replace casters with glides" to see good examples.

Another option that lets you keep the casters (but also works with glides) is to screw a wooden board to the pedals (most have pre-drilled mounting holes) and cut out a hole for the one wheel/glide from the chair. You can just about see an example in this thread (final photo):

I used a multitool with a square blade to cut the hole. The example above isn't great because it was originally perfectly sized for wheels with the pedals centred when I was using all three of them. Since then I've put in smaller glides and offset the pedals to use just throttle and brake, so I had to improves by inserting some of the offcuts.

edit: similar example:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years