Gaming and antivirussoftware / firewall

I am currently putting together my game pc :tongue: and I wanted to ask what antivirussoftware / firewall protection you use while gaming.(racing)

It's down the personal choice, I always use Norton but you'll get many people saying it's crap, the same applies to just about any other program. MS Security Essentials would be a good place to start though and if you don't like it try something else.

I suggest ESET Smart Security. Imo it's cheaper than some others and not slowes down the PC. I don't know MS Security Essentials so i can't say a thing.

Hope you setup a nice system ;)

agree with Ömer ESET Smart Securety is the best you can get it do not interfer with games, use it for years now and never had any problem with it
what i can not say from Norton the last working pice of software they released was the norton commander back in the good ol dos days
these MS securety essentials is just a alibi scanner its only there so you can say i have a scanner but preventing
for anything you better get some real scanner like ESET

Avast, free for home use, and ive had no problems with it in the past several years ive been using it.

I dont trust any microsoft stuff.

As for firewall, i used zonealarm for a bit, but have no need for it - i find firewalls cause lag.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%