Resource icon

Apps GamesenseShiftlight 1.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
leeyontrack submitted a new resource:

GamesenseShiftlight - Sub-mod of Sidekick mapping its shiftlight to SteelSeries GameSense items

Thanks to @Topuz here comes my Sidekick sub-mod, allowing your SteelSeries GameSense items to shine when you hit the RPMs!

Link to the demo video:

It is pretty easy to install since you just have to copy the content to your Sidekick folder ; it will replace the initial Sidekick script and give you a "backup" file in case you want to disable the GameSense effects.

It is pre-configured to use with MSI screens (such as MPG341CQR), but...

Read more about this resource...

Do I have to config some SteelSeries apps or it will work right out of the bet?
I have the same monitor and installed all the required mods. but it is not working when I enter a race session.

A video guide on how to install the mod might be very helpful.

Do I have to config some SteelSeries apps or it will work right out of the bet?
I have the same monitor and installed all the required mods. but it is not working when I enter a race session.

A video guide on how to install the mod might be very helpful.
@Sire_Alawi First of all, you need to install the Steelseries software (https://steelseries.com/engine) which allows to communicate with your device. Once it's done, going to the local folder %PROGRAMDATA%/SteelSeries/SteelSeries Engine 3/ should let appear a file named coreProps.json. If it does, you're all good.

Please pay attention that current mod exists in two versions:
  • 1.0.0 (under "History" up here) is the initial version which works directly with Topuz's Sidekick plugin
  • 1.1.0 is the second version I made to include it in my Shiftkick mod delivery, also adding an "enable/disable" checkbox under Sidekick's settings panel in-game which could disable Steelseries' effect.
You can basically go for the 1.0.0 which is kinda straight to the point. README files explain what you can do and how to. If you've got the same device than I do, copying/pasting the content to your Sidekick folder should work out of the box. If it doesn't, you can do the following:
  1. Open the custom_event_tester.html file under create_your_own_event folder
  2. On the left textfield, copy/paste
    { "game": "ASSETTOCORSA",
    "event": "YELLOWSHIFTLIGHT",
    "min_value": 0,
    "max_value": 100,
    "icon_id": 0,
    "handlers": [
    {
    "mode": "percent",
    "device-type": "rgb-52-zone",
    "custom-zone-keys": [19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0],
    "color": [
    {
    "low": 0,
    "high": 100,
    "color": {
    "red": 246,
    "green": 255,
    "blue": 0
    }
    }
    ]
    },
    {
    "mode": "percent",
    "device-type": "rgb-52-zone",
    "custom-zone-keys": [20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40],
    "color": [
    {
    "low": 0,
    "high": 100,
    "color": {
    "red": 246,
    "green": 255,
    "blue": 0
    }
    }
    ]
    }
    ]
    }
  3. On the right textfield, enter the (first) address contained in the coreProps.json file (127.0.0.1:XXXXX)
  4. Click on the Play button -> it should animate your LEDs, if it doesn't we have to investigate.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back