Games Not Clear on TV

I just got a PC a few weeks ago and have been diving into AC, ACC, Race Room, etc. But I've noticed the background does not look clear while driving. I'm running a i7 9700 and RTX 2080 Super. The shadows and guardrails in the distance all look like they are shimmering with silver and black stripes I'd that makes sense. It's hard to see the turn until I'm closer that I should need to be to clearly see it. I notice it on the back of cars on the edges of the wings and trunk if I'm running behind another car. I've tried multiple different settings in game and in the Nvidia card program, nothing really helps. Is this because I'm using a 55" TV? It's a Sony KDL-55W900A. Would switching to a monitor solve this as those issues? Is this mainly due to the Hz or refresh rate of the TV?

What resolution and what are your anti aliasing settings - you say you have tried multiple settings but haven't shared these. Difficult to help without knowing what you have tried and what impact that had.

What resolution and what are your anti aliasing settings - you say you have tried multiple settings but haven't shared these. Difficult to help without knowing what you have tried and what impact that had.

1080p and 60Hz to match the TV. Best seemed to be maxing out all settings in the AC menu (max anti aliasing etc). Also went to Nvidia program and make sure it lets AC control everything as recommend in the AC settings menu. Tried to fool around with TV settings as well to smooth everything out and put it into gaming mode. Sharp shinny edges still exist (ripping?)

Difficult to say. Could just be lack of clarity due to size of the screen. Try using different anistropic filtering and AA see if that makes things better or worse. And try aliasing options in Nvidia control panel as well as and instead of in game Aa see f that helps. Could also try content manager to see if that changes things. Report back with your findings

Does your TV have a game mode? A lot of TV's add image processing so maybe experiment here first and work out how to turn as much of it off as you can. Some settings can also affect input latency as well from your wheel / controller so worth playing around.

In terms of the sims ACC in particular also has pixel scaling as an option, if its less than 100% it lowers the resolution down from the monitors resolution and blurs the pixels. I think they set this at various levels with the presets. Also don't use FXAA in ACC.
Worth experimenting to get something that works. But if it's happening in all sims it's most likely the TV image processing.

Worth experimenting to get something that works. But if it's happening in all sims it's most likely the TV image processing.
1080 on a 55" screen is basically a very coarse resolution if you sit anything near.
I also have a 55" (plasma ;)) TV and the few times I have tried to watch one of my own replays from Raceroom or ol NR2003(GTP mod) then I was positively amazed of the size (compared to my 20" monitor) but disappointed by the low resolution (or rather low pixel density).
Your best possibility would be to loan a monitor and check if the picture also is bad on this one or its only on the TV display. :thumbsup:

I had this issue, 2080 RTX into a Panasonic plasma. Turned out you have to switch off one of the screen settings on the TV, can’t remember what exactly, but something like noise reduction or smoothing etc. One of the picture processing features anyway. Fixed it but we still got rid of the TV for triple 27inch 1080p monitors. Far far better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%