F1 2010 Games ForWindows Live keeps disconnecting

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm having a "slight" problem when running F1 2010 and was hoping someone on here may be able to help out.
When I run F1 2020, GFW Live connects and then it will disconnect during the game a few minutes later on. An Icon pops up at the bottom of the screen telling me that the connection is broken/lost. So I reconnect, by hitting the "Home" button on my keyboard and GFW Live connects.. .then it will lose the connection again a few minutes later on. (ad infinitum I bet!)

The only thing I've done differently is to have a new antivirus/firewall installed. I unistalled McAfee that came with my BT Broadband and installed PC Tools Security 2011 yesterday and I've looked at the settings in there and they show that everything is ok. Also so are my broadband connection as well as GFW Live in normal use too. It only disconnects when I run F1 2010.
So if anyone has any ideas, preferably not turn off my firewall etc, then I'd appreciate it. As I need to save my progress and I can't do that if I keep losing my connection...
Oh the joys of playing via Steam/GFW Live...
Give me the "old days" when you could just save a game.. (even in mid race) and not worry about the game taking ages to load/close etc etc.

Have you checked the logs for the program ? It most certainly is you're new Antivirus/Firewall that's blocking you. So, check the logs for something related to F1 or GFWL.

Thanks for your suggestion but I have done that already.. and if read what I said

[quote]The only thing I've done differently is to have a new antivirus/firewall installed. I unistalled McAfee that came with my BT Broadband and installed PC Tools Security 2011 yesterday and I've looked at the settings in there and they show that everything is ok. Also so are my broadband connection as well as GFW Live in normal use too. It only disconnects when I run F1 2010. [/quote]

As I said.. it is all ok. Nothing at all relating to either F1 2010 or GFW Live is shown as being "blocked". So I still have no idea as to why it is doing this at all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%